Gameboy Advance Games Soon To be Made Available on eShop?

#1 Posted by Wong_Fei_Hung (642 posts) -

It would seem so. Nintendo of Europe recently added images of Gameboy Advance games to their press site within a section meant for screenshots for new games. The games added : Super Mario Ball, Mario Golf Advance Tour and Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga.

There will be a Nintendo Direct this Thursday in Europe, it could well shed some light on this with an official announcement.

3DS Ambassadors currently own the following GBA titles:

F-Zero Maximum Velocity, Super Mario Advance 3: Yoshi’s Island, The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap, Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones, Kirby & the Amazing Mirror, Mario Kart: Super Circuit, Mario vs. Donkey Kong, Metroid Fusion, Wario Land 4 and WarioWare Inc: Mega Microgames.

I'd expect these very titles will appear on the eShop service also.

http://3ds.nintendo-online.de/news/10910/game-boy-advance-titel-schon-bald-im-eshop/

#2 Posted by Nightriff (5335 posts) -

'bout fuckin time. Been waiting to long to finally get Minish Cap and it is a ridiculous price on Amazon.

#3 Posted by probablytuna (3822 posts) -

I just want them to release Pokemon Red/Blue and Gold/Silver on the eShop.

#4 Posted by Jack268 (3387 posts) -

b-but they said these gba titles will never be available to non-ambassadors

#5 Posted by TruthTellah (9472 posts) -

@Wong_Fei_Hung: Now this would be a fine addition. Toss Advance Wars in there and you've got a deal.

#6 Posted by ShaggE (6700 posts) -

@Jack268 said:

The twist is that we're ALL ambassadors. In our hearts.

#7 Posted by MideonNViscera (2252 posts) -

Besides Warioware, which I have, I can't think of any GBA games I want. For the price they'll want anyway.

#8 Posted by sungahymn (1038 posts) -

@ShaggE said:

@Jack268 said:

The twist is that we're ALL ambassadors. In our hearts.

Cue credits roll.

#9 Posted by JonathanAshleyMoore (283 posts) -

Jesus, you can keep all of them so long as I get Legend of Zelda: Seasons and Ages soon. Please, Nintendo, for the love of god...

#10 Posted by ahgunsillyo (458 posts) -

@Jack268 said:

I'd really like to see them actually hold on to that statement. At the end of the 3DS e-Shop's lifespan, those ten games are still missing from that library. That would be so amazingly ridiculous. A boy can dream.

#11 Posted by Catarrhal (859 posts) -

I've always felt bad for having missed out on the Mario & Luigi series, so this is great news.

#12 Posted by Wong_Fei_Hung (642 posts) -

@Jack268 said:

No, what they said was that there were no plans to release GBA games on the eShop service. Exclusive GBA games wasn't the deal, 20 free games were.

#13 Posted by BeachThunder (12411 posts) -

Good, about time they added more stuff to the eShop, it's a barren wasteland despite Nintendo having a back-catalogue of thousands of games they could sell...

#14 Posted by TooWalrus (13256 posts) -

@Nightriff said:

'bout fuckin time. Been waiting to long to finally get Minish Cap and it is a ridiculous price on Amazon.

Indeed! I've never actually played that one, and I hate buying GBA games on ebay because every fucking time I get some cheap-ass bootleg, and the seller's like "I didn't know, I just own a humble used game shop..." ugh. I went through 3 different copies before I got a legit Pokemon Ruby (first, the case was black, then, the sticker was non-metallic. Oh, and it wouldn't hold a save.)

I'd also like to play the early Advance Wars, Fire Emblems, oh, and I'd play Wario Land 4 again...

#15 Edited by VicRattlehead (1400 posts) -

mario golf gba.... give me right now please now yes now :'(

#16 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4488 posts) -

Superstar Saga? Awesome. I hope 3rd party games go up on there because I fucking love the first few Megaman Battle Network games but I know that will never happen.

#17 Posted by Wong_Fei_Hung (642 posts) -

I've got Golf GBA but I've never been able to get into it.

@BeachThunder said:

Good, about time they added more stuff to the eShop, it's a barren wasteland despite Nintendo having a back-catalogue of thousands of games they could sell...

I think there's been a lull because they're preparing for Nintendo Network at the end of November.

#18 Posted by Wong_Fei_Hung (642 posts) -

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.