Games for the 3ds

#1 Posted by Shadowx (26 posts) -

So I will be getting my 3ds soon, any suggestions for games. I heard that Legend of zelda: Ocarina of time and Super Street Fighter 4 are the better 3ds games. I was also thinking about maybe egtting that ghost recon stratgey game.
#2 Posted by Elazul (1327 posts) -

You pretty much just named the three best games on the console. Other than downloadables, I'm not really sure what else to suggest. DoA maybe?

#3 Posted by VoshiNova (1640 posts) -

I actually enjoyed Nintendog's for a second time, but Legend of Zelda should have you busy until another heavy-hitter.

The built in software (i.e Find Mii, AR games, etc.) is pretty rad too.

#4 Edited by Shadowx (26 posts) -

@Elazul
@VoshiNova: 

Alright thank you, I think Ghost recon is more up  my alley with my types of games, but the other ones look great. SO I don't know, and I am only planning to get one for now.

#5 Posted by Chaoskiller2000 (306 posts) -

Ghost Recon is a great game on the 3DS so if you are into that kind of game I would pick that up. Zelda is still the best choice but if you want something more strategic then go for Ghost Recon.

#6 Edited by Shadowx (26 posts) -

@Chaoskiller2000
Alright so I think I will get Ghost Recon, and maybe Legend of Zelda another time. Thank you all for the advice.

#7 Edited by Tireyo (6409 posts) -

If you go to Wal-Mart now to take advantage of their recent $169.99 price change, then you'll actually be able to enroll in Nintendo's Ambassador Program where you'll be able to get 20 free downloadable games! All the Ones that had to pay full price is going to hate you. = - P You got to get it before Friday and sync the 3DS to the eshop immediately, or you'll miss out on the opportunity. The price is still the original high price everywhere else! Today and tomorrow is your only chance.

#8 Posted by Shadowx (26 posts) -

yeah but the closest Wal mart to me is in white plains, I was planning to go there tomorrow and meet my mom for lunch at her job, but she now has the day off and we are planing to do something, so we are not sure if I can go get it. Do you know if target is doing it?

#9 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -
@Tireyo643 said:
If you go to Wal-Mart now to take advantage of their recent $169.99 price change, then you'll actually be able to enroll in Nintendo's Ambassador Program where you'll be able to get 20 free downloadable games! All the Ones that had to pay full price is going to hate you. = - P You got to get it before Friday and sync the 3DS to the eshop immediately, or you'll miss out on the opportunity. The price is still the original high price everywhere else! Today and tomorrow is your only chance.
MAN!! Too bad the closest Wal-Mart is like 30 minutes away. I've never even been to one. I would have bought one online, but then it wouldn't be synched in time, so it wouldn't have been worth it. Oh well.
#10 Posted by JJOR64 (18907 posts) -
#11 Posted by ckeats (489 posts) -

I picked up the Ghost Recon game last week, haven't played much of it yet though. So far its pretty cool.

Don't forget the eShop! Kirby, Link's Awakening, and Mario are in there.

#12 Posted by Brendan (7687 posts) -

OoT is the only one I have experience with. It's pretty good.

#13 Posted by Aus_azn (2224 posts) -

What do you think the likelihood of Tetris for the Game Boy are of showing up on eShop? It and Pokemon Pinball are the two games that I'm waiting for on VC.

For games proper, I'm probably going to pick up OoT, then begin the long wait for Paper Mario and Mario Kart. And for the Ambassador rollout.

#14 Edited by Tireyo (6409 posts) -
@Shadowx: Wal-mart is the only store. 

Here is what you need to do to get the free games. Remember that you do need an internet connection in order to get the games.

1. Update the Nintendo 3DS system. Through the update, you'll get the internet browser and the EShop channel. You can get to the system update by finding the system settings and scrolling left (Fourth, last page I believe) on the 3DS menu. "Note: You may need to do the update while charging the battery power on your 3DS system.

2. Visit the EShop Channel and you should be automatically enrolled in the "Ambassador Program". To check and make sure, go to the "news' part of the EShop and look for the message.

Oh yeah, and you won't be able to get the games until September, so be patient. 

I know all this because I do have a 3DS, and I certainly am enrolled in the program.
#15 Posted by rjayb89 (7717 posts) -

They should put FarmVille on that thing. It would sell like hot cakes. Not to me though. I need me some Picross first.

#16 Posted by Bulby33 (549 posts) -

Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars is pretty rad. It took me a solid 19 hours to finish the campaign. Though, Ocarina of Time 3D is still the best game on the platform, no doubt.

#17 Posted by Video_Game_King (35995 posts) -
#18 Posted by Ksaw (341 posts) -

@Tireyo643 said:

Target has the lower price too, just picked mine up today.

#19 Posted by Elusionar (309 posts) -

I hope that they will make new games soon... The last thing i need is a portable N64 even if its in 3d.
#20 Posted by Shadowx (26 posts) -

Thank you everybody for all the advice. I will be getting my 3ds and Ghost Recon tomorrow. You have all been very helpful.
#21 Posted by JJOR64 (18907 posts) -
@Video_Game_King said:
@JJOR64 said:

Devil Summoner Overclocked

A.) It's Devil Survivor Overclocked. B.) No.  *leaves thread*
Opps.  Rawfull
#22 Edited by Turtlebird95 (2307 posts) -

Actually Target started the price drop today.

Street Fighter and Zelda are the best games currently on the 3ds. I've heard great things about DoA: Dimensions though, maybe give that a look.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.