Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Nintendo 3DS

Platform »

The Nintendo 3DS is a portable game console produced by Nintendo. The handheld features stereoscopic 3D technology that doesn't require glasses. It was released in Japan on February 26, 2011 and in North America on March 27, 2011.

Gonna pirate games? Your 3DS has a self destruct button...

• 52 results
    Geefer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Geefer

This is a baseless scare-tactic that has been tried for years and years. 

Soap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 29

#52  Edited By Soap

Well, now I have no reason to buy a 3DS :)

kitsunezeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#53  Edited By kitsunezeta
    @Meowayne:  Actually, the Wii (and DS/i) manuals had the phrase " may render your game unplayable", whereas 3DS manuals have the phrase " will render your game and/or system unplayable".
    This suggests (to me, at least) that Nintendo IS indeed aiming for 3DS systems running unauthorized cards/software/firmware.

I still don't think it's going to hinder the hacking community that much, especially given what happened to the PS3 over winter.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.