Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Nintendo 3DS

Platform »

The Nintendo 3DS is a portable game console produced by Nintendo. The handheld features stereoscopic 3D technology that doesn't require glasses. It was released in Japan on February 26, 2011 and in North America on March 27, 2011.

How many street passes do you get in an average week?

• 66 results
    TechHits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

Poll How many street passes do you get in an average week? (218 votes)

such a small amount that it wouldn't even make sense to use a weekly scale 53%
    0 - 3 14%
    4 - 7 4%
    8 - 10 2%
    10 - 13 2%
    13+ 6%
    I don't have a 3ds but I want to see the results 18%

How many street passes do you get in an average week?

So I've seen quite a few people be really down on street passing saying it really only makes sense in Japan. but I don't really have a problem with the amount of passes I've been getting, and I wanted to see how my own results stack up to the rest of the GB dudes. Really I just want to see if people are just getting significantly fewer passes than me, or if I would fit into those peoples idea of "pass deprived"

• 
    Rebel_Scum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

I still don't even know what a streetpass is. Or most of the other features the 3ds has. Like a get the ? augmented reality card game but what the fuck are the Mario, Link, Kirby cards good for?

newmoneytrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

If I take it our of the house I can easily get 20 - 40. I work near an EB that has a big upstairs Nintendo Experience or whatever and there are always people lurking around for street passes

ryanmgraef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I would sacrifice a lamb for constant street passes.

drgrumbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 7

35-50. I work in downtown LA near the convention center and USC so I get college kids and other randoms. When there is a convention I get 100+ a day.

TechHits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hailinel said:

@reisz said:

@techhits: That's what I find interesting, isn't it all anonymous? The most specific information in there is the country/state where they live. How do you track/contact a streetpass?

The only information traded is your Mii, your Mii's name/region, and the last game/3DS app you used. It does not track user ages or feature any sort of GPS feature. The chances that someone would use StreetPass as a predatory tool are incredibly, incredibly remote.

right, but that's not really issue. It's that parents think it could / might / don't know what street passing is.

On a side note lots of people turn their 3ds off when not using it so it could have been that.

Avatar image for oscar__explosion
    Oscar__Explosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

0-1

TechHits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rebel_scum: A street pass is when you physically walk near someone that has a 3ds you get a street pass tag. The street pass tag gives you that persons mii and allows you to use that character in the mii plaza games, but only once.

Also many games support street passing. like in animal crossing if you street pass with someone who has played animal crossing you can walk through their house and order furniture that you like for a price.

it's really something that you need to experience to "get" but it's really neat, that along with pedometer have really made me carry the thing around.

Nev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#58  Edited By Nev

Zero. I've never even had a single proper street pass. The only ones I've had were around E3 where they threw a bunch of Nintendo dudes in there.

Pretty much, either nobody around here owns a 3DS, or they potentially don't have internet on them.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

The only street passes I ever got were ones my friends intentionally gave me, and like 30 I got at GDC. Would have gotten more if there weren't a 10 at a time limit.

FightMeNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I work at a mall gamestop. An average of 5 to 10 a day.

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#61  Edited By TheGreatGuero

Not very many. I work in a mall and keep my 3DS with me in my pocket at work, but still the numbers are far less than I would expect.

papercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don'y have a 3DS but my girlfriend works in Japan town so she gets at least 10 a day.

deerokus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Usually at least one or two a day if I'm going into the city centre (Glasgow, in Scotland). Don't know why, but Glasgow seems to be the Japan of Europe when it comes to the 3DS.

OllyOxenFree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I live in a boring Texas town and I barely leave the house with my 3DS so... yeah.

TechHits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well the results are a lot lower than I figured, although some people don't take it out of their homes anyways.

Morka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I'ved only gotten one the year-or-so I've had my 3DS, and that was when i spent a hour or so, walking around on the largest transportation hubs in Norway. One! Would really want some more, but it does'nt seem to happen.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I get about 2 or 3 if I go to uni but besides that I never get any Streetpasses. Well, unless it's streetpassing with friends.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.