Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Nintendo 3DS

Platform »

The Nintendo 3DS is a portable game console produced by Nintendo. The handheld features stereoscopic 3D technology that doesn't require glasses. It was released in Japan on February 26, 2011 and in North America on March 27, 2011.

If I can see stereoscopic 3D will I be able to see the 3DS 3D?

groovydudeyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By groovydudeyo

I have been reading around about how 1 in 10 people cannot see the 3D in the 3DS so i'm pretty darn worried about it. so the questions in the title.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#2  Edited By Hailinel

If you for any reason have trouble seeing stereoscopic 3D, it's not a deal-breaker, as all games can display in 2D by simply setting the 3D slider to the off position.

GalacticPunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By GalacticPunt

If you CAN see 3-D with stereoscopic glasses like your thread title says, then probably the 3DS screen will work fine for you.  If you're worried about it, there are demo stations all over the place this week.  Nintendo's site has a 3DS demo station locater.  They're mostly at Best Buy's.  I tried out Pilot Wings on Monday night.  It's a different kind of 3D than the promotional videos suggested.  Things do NOT fly out of the screen at you.  It's more like a polygonal diorama a few inches deep. 

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#4  Edited By LordAndrew

Set the 3D mode to "off" and you should be fine. 3D is not required to play the games. If a developer does manage to come up with a way to make 3D work as a required game mechanic they'd surely be telling us about it, so it would be easy for you to avoid.

Contro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Contro

When was the last time you had an eye test? It's those with vision impairments, underlying conditions that may not be able to perceive 3D. If on your last eye test nothing notable was mentioned,  there's no need to be too concerned. Admittedly, I was a little concerned, but when I tried it out earlier this month, the first thing I said was, "this shit works", to the sexy Nintendo hostess. 

groovydudeyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By groovydudeyo

Its great that  you can turn the 3d off if you cant see it or if its uncomfortable. but I wouldn't be able to justify $150 on a 3DS without 3D....

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @groovydudeyo said:
    " Its great that  you can turn the 3d off if you cant see it or if its uncomfortable. but I wouldn't be able to justify $150 on a 3DS without 3D.... "
    I do not think they plan to release the annoced 3Ds games for non 3ds systems. 
    Potango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Potango

go to best buy or somewhere to test it out for yourself

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.