I'm a Canadian and don't have the e-shop. Do you?

#1 Posted by Brendan (7847 posts) -

Hey guys, I might have missed a memo at some point, but I live in the place of igloos and polar bears (southern Ontario) and still do not have the e-shop or the internet on my 3DS. I have never been asked for an update from my system and the internet tab on top of the home screen tells me to wait for a future update. I have a stable internet connection saved on my 3DS, so that's not a problem.

To all other Canadian 3DS owners: Am I missing something? I don't see anything that says that the e-shop has yet to be released in Canada yet. I'm only worried now because of the recent news that early adopters only get the benefit of 20 free virtual games if they're connected to the e-shop, and I don't want to miss out. Help out a fellow GBer!

#2 Posted by Hailinel (25179 posts) -

Have you attempted a manual update from the system menu?

#3 Posted by Brendan (7847 posts) -

@Hailinel said:

Have you attempted a manual update from the system menu?

No, is that in system settings?

#4 Posted by Hailinel (25179 posts) -
@Brendan Yeah. Go into the system settings and you should find a system update option.
#5 Posted by Brendan (7847 posts) -

@Hailinel said:

@Brendan Yeah. Go into the system settings and you should find a system update option.

Thanks! It's obvious I've missed a few big ones, because it's taking it's sweet time.

#6 Posted by ttocs (772 posts) -

The shop was very disappointing when I first checked it out a couple weeks ago. I just wish they would start releasing gameboy advanced titles. There's a ton of good RPG's out there for the system.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.