Is it worth it for $120

#1 Posted by Tacoboy1986 (143 posts) -

I'm on the fence right now about the 3ds, besides OOT there aren't really any games that appeal to me. There does seem to be a good number of games coming in the near future. I'm just hoping someone will sway my opinion either way.

#2 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

Where's it being sold for $120?

#3 Posted by OllyOxenFree (4970 posts) -

Yeah sure go for it.

#4 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -

Yeah, dude. Hook some homies up, dude. And dude, if you show me where it is for $120, I will buy it RIGHT NOW. So yes. Get it.

#5 Posted by Turtlebird95 (2342 posts) -

$120?! BUY IT.

#6 Posted by amomjc (977 posts) -

$120, hell yes that's a steal. May not be a whole lot of games now but it's still a great deal.

#7 Posted by TooWalrus (13151 posts) -

The real question is: Is ocarina of time worth $120 to you? I'm still waiting for Luigi's Mansion.

...man, I feel like I've said this in a hundred different threads now.

#8 Posted by Choffy (443 posts) -

No. Wait for the 3DS Lite or whatever it'll be called to come out. There will be more good games and it'll be even cheaper than that.

#9 Posted by Hizang (8533 posts) -

There is Ocarina of Time....And.......

#10 Posted by McShank (1629 posts) -

Buy it, sit on it with OOT, play regulard DS games... This holiday seasons will bring a few more good games and it will just get better..

#11 Posted by Dany (7887 posts) -

@Hizang said:

Star Fox is coming out..........uhhhh...

#12 Posted by captain_clayman (3320 posts) -

i say wait for a revision model, the standard 3ds right now is ugly as hell.  and who knows, the "3DS lite" might have better battery life too.

#13 Posted by Dany (7887 posts) -

@captain_clayman: I dunno, I feel like the price drop means no revision any time soon if ever. The time you give a price drop is when you show off new hardware.

#14 Posted by Hizang (8533 posts) -
@Dany

@Hizang said:

Star Fox is coming out..........uhhhh...

Yes, it is COMING out, notright now though.
#15 Posted by BestUsernameEver (4825 posts) -

I wouldn't. 

#16 Posted by Afroman269 (7387 posts) -

@TooWalrus said:

The real question is: Is ocarina of time worth $120 to you? I'm still waiting for Luigi's Mansion.

...man, I feel like I've said this in a hundred different threads now.

Haha, I have too but I'm finally caving. Mainly because of that Gamestop deal. My DSi is wasting away so why not have a 3DS waste away instead? I can just dust it off once Luigi's Mansion 2 comes out.

#17 Posted by Redbullet685 (6031 posts) -
@Video_Game_King said:
Where's it being sold for $120?
@Turtlebird95 said:
$120?! BUY IT.
Sell your DS Lite at Gamestop and they make it $120. DSI makes it $110, and DSIXL makes it $100.
#18 Posted by AndrewB (7563 posts) -
@captain_clayman said:
i say wait for a revision model, the standard 3ds right now is ugly as hell.  and who knows, the "3DS lite" might have better battery life too.
The battery life issue and boxy design of the 3DS are what assured me that it is Nintendo's beta hardware and that the redesign would be just around the corner, which has been one of many factors in why I haven't bought one yet. No games and expensive games is the other big factor. 
#19 Posted by Jazzycola (662 posts) -

@Redbullet685: Yeah that deal is such a ripoff...at launch they were offering 100-150 on trade in of DSi/XL/lite so you could've gotten it for that price then also. Wait till there is more software to choose from and/or better battery life. I have one and I do love it but I also never had a DS so I play old DS games while I wait for new software. The battery life is horrible(5-6 hours) even playing DS games with wifi off, Power savings option on and brightness turned all the way down.

@Dany said:

@captain_clayman: I dunno, I feel like the price drop means no revision any time soon if ever. The time you give a price drop is when you show off new hardware.

Not exactly...Price drops are made to spur sales not show off new hardware. Wii had a price drop because of low sales and apart from a different software bundled with it there were no differences. PS3 had a price drop in 2007 also because of low sales and there wasn't a new revision(apart from increase in HDD space and decrease in features). Gamecube had a price drop in 2003 due to low sales but did not have a hardware revision. And on the other side of things, the 360 didn't have a price drop when the 360 slim was announced.

#20 Edited by XxRANGAxX (226 posts) -

@Tacoboy1986: @Tacoboy1986 said:

I'm on the fence right now about the 3ds, besides OOT there aren't really any games that appeal to me. There does seem to be a good number of games coming in the near future. I'm just hoping someone will sway my opinion either way.

Im in Australia and brought the 3DS Purely for Zelda 3D both at aussie retail price and 3 days before ocarina was ment to be released , if i remember i paid $410 in total, and as much as it did piss me off that a month later the price crashed and i could have got one for $199 from america or dick smith in australia, i was really happy with it and have brought no other 3DS game, untill mario and mario kart 3d come out, and i dont even use the 3d but i am fucking happy with it, just not the price drop :P

#21 Posted by Moody_Loner (12 posts) -

Yes it's worth it without a doubt. As for games then they'll come. OOT is excellent and a long game, SF is a blast as well.

The download catalogue is growing weekly - although I am super pissed that there aren't more 3D ports of newer games. Excitebike and Xevious look ok but give me more recent titles gussied up instead of these 'classics' please.

#22 Posted by Mr_Skeleton (5139 posts) -

1. Buy it for 120$

2. Sell it for 140$

3. ????

4. Profit!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.