Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Nintendo 3DS

Platform »

The Nintendo 3DS is a portable game console produced by Nintendo. The handheld features stereoscopic 3D technology that doesn't require glasses. It was released in Japan on February 26, 2011 and in North America on March 27, 2011.

Is this a good deal? (first portable-platform buyer)

minorinya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I usually have a good sense of what's good on Craigslist and what's not, but this is my first buy of a portable console.

It's a gold Zelda ed. 3DS XL, with original packaging and materials, plus Fire Emblem: A and Pokemon X (and the included Zelda ALBW on the SD card). "Near-mint" condition, played for ~30 hours. Total for $225.

What should I check for if I decide to meet the seller beyond button and hinge looseness? Also, are "used" 3DS systems easy/good for factory resetting?

Hope this isn't an improper topic to post - just totally lost with portable console value.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By TruthTellah

@minorinya: That bundle, new, sells for $220; though, you have to consider that you won't be able to play that Zelda ALBW(as it is tied to your Nintendo account and you won't be able to use it if you factory reset). But you are getting Fire Emblem Awakening and Pokemon X. So, that's some value.

If it's in good condition and you don't mind just having FE: A and Pokemon X, that doesn't seem like a terrible deal. Not the best, but doesn't sound terrible to me. You may be saving $20-$40 off new.

minorinya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@truthtellah:

I'm into all three games, but not really eager to pay a higher price for just a special edition of the console. The whole account/factory reset is confusing to me, but I think I get it. Bummer. Thanks for the feedback! I think I'll keep looking...

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@minorinya: Ah, yeah, the main appeal would be getting that special edition. You can get a new regular 3DS XL for around $180. Good luck on the search!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.