Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Nintendo 3DS

Platform »

The Nintendo 3DS is a portable game console produced by Nintendo. The handheld features stereoscopic 3D technology that doesn't require glasses. It was released in Japan on February 26, 2011 and in North America on March 27, 2011.

Iwata Talks about 3DS Pricing

PHEDIA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Edited By PHEDIA

One thing that Nintendo didn't reveal was a price for the 3DS. However, the President of Nintendo is talking about a possible price point. This is what he had to say:

"I have to refrain from talking specifically about the price point. What I can confirm is that, in terms of the production costs, it will cost more than the costs for the Nintendo DS today. Having said that, we believe we will produce enough value worthy of the production cost. We do not think we have to sell the products below cost.” -Saturo Iwata

I personally would pay 250 dollars for a 3DS, but anything over that would be a little over doing it. We will keep you updated with this story as it develops. 

Hear Mii

PHEDIA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By PHEDIA

One thing that Nintendo didn't reveal was a price for the 3DS. However, the President of Nintendo is talking about a possible price point. This is what he had to say:

"I have to refrain from talking specifically about the price point. What I can confirm is that, in terms of the production costs, it will cost more than the costs for the Nintendo DS today. Having said that, we believe we will produce enough value worthy of the production cost. We do not think we have to sell the products below cost.” -Saturo Iwata

I personally would pay 250 dollars for a 3DS, but anything over that would be a little over doing it. We will keep you updated with this story as it develops. 

Hear Mii

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Arkthemaniac

Hmm. I don't agree with a handheld being more expensive than the console that the company makes, even if the technology is more impressive behind it. It just seems . . . dumb.

strangeling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 50

#3  Edited By strangeling

Yeah, $250 sounds about right.  That's what the PSP released at. 
    Any higher than that, and it'll be like the PS3 launch price.  There will be those people who gladly pay the price for it, but also the ones who just can't believe it's that expensive. ( Like me. I didn't get around to picking up a PS3 until they hit $300. )

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.