Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Nintendo 3DS

Platform »

The Nintendo 3DS is a portable game console produced by Nintendo. The handheld features stereoscopic 3D technology that doesn't require glasses. It was released in Japan on February 26, 2011 and in North America on March 27, 2011.

Just bought a 3DS - Where to start?

Sambambo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

Hey!

Just bought a 3DS with Pokemon Y and want to delve deeper into the console.

I have heard a lot of things on the bombcast about the e-shop, such as non transferable files and the like. If I buy Animal Crossing on the e-shop, will it be locked to the console?

Also, what other games should I get? I loved the old GBA Mario and Luigi games, but this one seems to be different from what Ive read. Is it still worth getting?

Thanks for your help.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By nightriff

PuzzleSwap is my personal favorite game on the system. One to buy would be...Ocarina of Time 3D or Super Mario 3D World

EDIT: Super Mario 3D Land, World is the Wii U one

corruptsaves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Bravely Default looks like it will be good when it comes out. Maybe give Etrian Odyssey a try, I didn't think I would be too keen on it but it grows on you and is pretty great.

riostarwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 206

User Lists: 62

#4 riostarwind  Moderator

Once you buy something on the eshop it is tied to the 3DS. You can transfer your purchases to another 3DS by using the system transfer feature but that only works if they can both connect to the internet. So if it breaks you pretty much lose all of your games that you download. Anyway I would say that Super Mario 3D Land is worth picking up. Shin Megami Tensei 4 is worth checking out if you want a tougher RPG.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.