Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Nintendo 3DS

Platform »

The Nintendo 3DS is a portable game console produced by Nintendo. The handheld features stereoscopic 3D technology that doesn't require glasses. It was released in Japan on February 26, 2011 and in North America on March 27, 2011.

Manufacturing

spiredcrescent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By spiredcrescent

So I know I want a 3ds, but I want to get the best deal. I want the regular model not the XL. My question is I can't seem to find when they stopped making older models of the DS. I recall when the Ds Lite came out and I could no longer find the older model. Reason I ask is I don't want to wait to long for a deal, then have to pay more for an older model if they stop production on the original 3ds. Am I worrying for no reason or should I jump on any good deal before they are hard to find?

Avatar image for oscar__explosion
    Oscar__Explosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Oscar__Explosion

You are worrying for nothing. The original 3DS hasn't stop being manufactured.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#3  Edited By LordAndrew

The 3DS and 3DS XL can and will continue to coexist.

Dark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4  Edited By Dark

I know nintendo like to dump SKU's but it would be a bit soon ... even for them.

spiredcrescent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By spiredcrescent

So the original ds is still being made. i thought only the ds lite was being made in its place along with the dsi/xl. where can i find a new original ds?

edit: reason i bring up this question is i don't wanna be left with the only choice to be a 3ds XL or new model of the 3ds the hasn't been made

spiredcrescent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By spiredcrescent

@LordAndrew: thats reassuring

Ducksworth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Ducksworth

@spiredcrescent said:

So the original ds is still being made. i thought only the ds lite was being made in its place along with the dsi/xl. where can i find a new original ds?

edit: reason i bring up this question is i don't wanna be left with the only choice to be a 3ds XL or new model of the 3ds the hasn't been made

I'm not quite sure what you mean here. The original DS is not being made anymore, neither is the DS Lite and although i'm not sure about the DSi or XL I wouldn't be surprised to hear that they aren't being made anymore either. If you're looking for the very first model of the Nintendo DS or a DS Lite brand new you probably don't have very many options, you might be able to find them on eBay for much more than they're worth. If you're looking for the original 3DS you can walk into a store right now and ask for one.

MideonNViscera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By MideonNViscera

The DSi and DSiXL are still being made for sure. Or at least there's still a shitload around to sell new.

Anyway, they'll probably always make the original 3DS, or at least one that size. The XL is kinda impractical for a 5 year old.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.