Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Nintendo 3DS

Platform »

The Nintendo 3DS is a portable game console produced by Nintendo. The handheld features stereoscopic 3D technology that doesn't require glasses. It was released in Japan on February 26, 2011 and in North America on March 27, 2011.

Monster Hunter 4 - TGS Trailer

Wong_Fei_Hung

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Wong_Fei_Hung

I think it looks amazing, really loving the dynamically craggy art style, and everything else that looks awesome!

Check out this monster too!

No Caption Provided
    ThePaleKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By ThePaleKing

Well, it certainly looks like Monster Hunter. In fact it looks almost exactly like the one I played on my PSP a couple years ago.

WarlordPayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By WarlordPayne

That new gun spear thingie looks pretty cool but the rest of it looks like it's just another tiny step forward. Capcom needs to get Monster Hunter off of PS2 quality hardware and finally build one for an HD console so the series can evolve in a meaningful way.

I'm dying for a new Monster Hunter but I want a new Monster Hunter.

Wong_Fei_Hung

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Wong_Fei_Hung

@WarlordPayne said:

That new gun spear thingie looks pretty cool but the rest of it looks like it's just another tiny step forward. Capcom needs to get Monster Hunter off of PS2 quality hardware and finally build one for an HD console so the series can evolve in a meaningful way.

They have, it's called Monster Tri Ultimate on Wii U.

WarlordPayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By WarlordPayne

@Wong_Fei_Hung said:

@WarlordPayne said:

They have, it's called Monster Tri Ultimate on Wii U.

No, that's just a copy of the 3DS version that's being ported over to the Wii U, just like they did with 3G for the PSP and PS3. It's also just an expanded Monster Hunter Tri, not an entirely new game.

They need to stop being so god damned lazy and put some real effort into one of these. They make so much money off of the MH games in Japan they can afford to just toss everything and start fresh and really make something incredible, but they'd rather make tiny adjustment after tiny adjustment and milk it for all it's worth.

Wong_Fei_Hung

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Wong_Fei_Hung

@WarlordPayne:

It's a updated HD version of console game - Monster Hunter Tri on Nintendo Wii. It's not a port of the handheld version that's in the works, as you lamely try to imply. Nobody in the Nintendo MH community cares that it's not an entirely new game, it's made new, with new features. Current users will be able to use their saves which we are very happy about.

The Monster Hunter series is coming to a HD console and will look awesome, far more awesome than it has looked on PS3, as a result you won't have "PS2 quality" graphics to hurt your eyes.

WarlordPayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By WarlordPayne

@Wong_Fei_Hung: 3DS players can play with the Wii U players and you can share save games between the two systems, they're going to be the same game. Whether they're porting over the 3DS one or adding to MHTri they're still going to be the same game, which means it'll be limited by the 3DS hardware.

I never once said that the PS2 quality graphics were the problem, it's the gameplay limitations inherent in such old technology that is. If they went all out with a full on current gen console game they could blow peoples' minds, but they can't be bothered because they know the rabid fans will eat up whatever they put out regardless of quality.

And I'm sure no one in the MH community cares, and it's really sad, because if they did care they would get better games rather than a slightly improved version of the same game they've been playing for 8 years. It's the same reason that Capcom gets away with the crap they pull with Street Fighter, and it's the same thing they used to do with Megaman and Resident Evil. Capcom runs their shit into the ground until people stop buying it, and until then they won't put any effort into really improving a series.

I put hundreds of hours into Monster Hunter, Freedom Unite, and Tri each. I am a huge fan, and that's exactly why I'm not willing to settle for their tiny incremental changes. I want them to do better and I know they can do better.

BlackLagoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By BlackLagoon

@Wong_Fei_Hung said:

It's a updated HD version of console game - Monster Hunter Tri on Nintendo Wii. It's not a port of the handheld version that's in the works, as you lamely try to imply.

Uh, the Japanese name is Monster Hunter 3G HD Ver., and you can transfer you saves back and forth between them. It clearly is same game as the 3DS, which already was the expanded version of the Wii game you're talking about.

@WarlordPayne said:

Capcom runs their shit into the ground until people stop buying it, and until then they won't put any effort into really improving a series.

Actually, this has already started. 3G was successful, but sold nowhere near what the recent PSP games did. There's 3+ million PSP Monster Hunter Portable 3rd players, 2/3 of the player base, that did not think 3G was worth following the franchise over to another platform for. I'm curious what Capcom execs think of that, I suppose they're all betting on Monster Hunter 4 winning them back.

Wong_Fei_Hung

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Wong_Fei_Hung

@BlackLagoon:

I know all this. It won't look like a handheld game on console though, which is the impression you get when seeing what the Sony platform has. I highly doubt Capcom are using 3DS assets to develop Monster Hunter Ultimate, they're most likely using the original PS3 project HD assets to develop it. You may recall Tri was being developed for PS3 initially, before being reduced for Wii.

Wong_Fei_Hung

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Wong_Fei_Hung

MH4 Walkthrough 20mins

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.