Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Nintendo 3DS

Platform »

The Nintendo 3DS is a portable game console produced by Nintendo. The handheld features stereoscopic 3D technology that doesn't require glasses. It was released in Japan on February 26, 2011 and in North America on March 27, 2011.

My Nintendo 3DS/Nintendo DS Case Comparision

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

Edited By JJOR64

For some odd reason, Ridge Racer 3D was released today.  For shits and giggles, I thought I would compare the game cases of the 3DS and DS.  I'll compare it with the Pokemon White case.  Pictures taken with my DSi.

3DS case is thiner.
     3DS case is thiner.

Not sure if this is a Ridge Racer thing, but I think all the spins will be White for 3DS cases.  Also, from what I've heard, the little image under the 3DS logo is the icon it shows in the home menu when you select the game.
     Not sure if this is a Ridge Racer thing, but I think all the spins will be White for 3DS cases.  Also, from what I've heard, the little image under the 3DS logo is the icon it shows in the home menu when you select the game.

AAAAHH, ECO CASE!!!!!!!!!

The game carts are basically the same damn thing.

Yep, they are the same.
     Yep, they are the same.

Even the backs look the same.

All the game's features are at the bottom now instead of the top right.

Closer look at the back of the Ridge Racer 3D case.

Now I get the stare at the case till Sunday.  HURRY UP SUNDAY AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHH!  Also, I wish my GameStop was doing a midnight release for it.  I guess opening early is better then nothing I guess.

EDIT:  Just noticed this:

No Caption Provided

Ok, I will type out what this says.  Shitty DSi camera...

...THIS PRODUCT CONTAINS TECHNICAL PROTECTION MEASURES.  USE OF AN UNAUTHORIZED DEVICE OR ANY UNAUTHORIZED TECHNICAL MODIFICATION TO YOUR NINTENDO 3DS SYSTEM, WILL RENDER THIS GAME AND/OR YOUR SYSTEM UNPLAYABLE.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By JJOR64

For some odd reason, Ridge Racer 3D was released today.  For shits and giggles, I thought I would compare the game cases of the 3DS and DS.  I'll compare it with the Pokemon White case.  Pictures taken with my DSi.

3DS case is thiner.
     3DS case is thiner.

Yep, they are the same.
     Yep, they are the same.

Now I get the stare at the case till Sunday.  HURRY UP SUNDAY AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHH!  Also, I wish my GameStop was doing a midnight release for it.  I guess opening early is better then nothing I guess.

EDIT:  Just noticed this:

No Caption Provided

Ok, I will type out what this says.  Shitty DSi camera...

...THIS PRODUCT CONTAINS TECHNICAL PROTECTION MEASURES.  USE OF AN UNAUTHORIZED DEVICE OR ANY UNAUTHORIZED TECHNICAL MODIFICATION TO YOUR NINTENDO 3DS SYSTEM, WILL RENDER THIS GAME AND/OR YOUR SYSTEM UNPLAYABLE.

Contro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Contro

You must be a really big fan of the series, it's far from being one of the better titles available at launch. 

My 3DS should be through the door later this morning :P 

Nintendo are using the little square boxes in Nintendogs +Cats, each square features an inset image of a puppy or kitten.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By JJOR64
    @Contro said:
    " You must be a really big fan of the series, it's far from being one of the better titles available at launch."
    I do like me some Ridge Racer.
    reddin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By reddin

I wonder what the EU cases are going to look like.
    Anyway, have fun staring at the case :)

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By JJOR64
    LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#6  Edited By LordAndrew

I like how the word "protection" is followed by "we're gonna break your shit". Thanks for protecting me from myself, Nintendo.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.