Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Nintendo 3DS

Platform »

The Nintendo 3DS is a portable game console produced by Nintendo. The handheld features stereoscopic 3D technology that doesn't require glasses. It was released in Japan on February 26, 2011 and in North America on March 27, 2011.

Need advice on screen protectors.

egg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By egg

I had a bottom screen protector lying around, which I had no intention of using, but I changed my mind today. However, when I applied it, it falls right off.. I failed to see how it sticks to the system in any way shape or form. (but I'm guessing I left it lying around for too long, and that is why, that or maybe I wasn't supposed to wipe it first) Worse still, the screen protector doesn't seem to cover 100 percent of the screen, it leaves two sides slightly exposed depending on which corner I align it to.

Here is the product I used, in case anyone has something to say about its quality:

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/product/rocketfish-rocketfish-3ds-xl-pro-stylus-screen-armor-kit-rf-gds1301-rf-gds1301/10217131.aspx

Basically, I'd just like to hear recommendations for screen protectors. (for 3DS XL bottom screen) And are there any which cover the bottom screen 100 percent?

edit: went ahead and ordered a Hori from ebay. Thanks Aleryn as well as everyone else who is praising it.

aleryn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 15

#2  Edited By aleryn

I've been using Hori's screen protectors since the original DS. They just work.

Hori 3DS XL screen protector (Amazon)

My method of applying them is the following; Before applying, clean your screen with eyeglass lens cleaner and a microfiber cloth. Then have canned air nearby to blow any remaining dust particles off the screen. Whilst applying the screen protector, grab a plastic card like identification or credit card and wrap it with the microfiber cloth. Use that cloth-covered card as a safe way to evenly apply pressure as you splay the screenguard across the screen. DO NOT use the card or anything like it without wrapping it in the microfiber cloth first, as there is good chance of scratching the screenguard without it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.