Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Nintendo 3DS

Platform »

The Nintendo 3DS is a portable game console produced by Nintendo. The handheld features stereoscopic 3D technology that doesn't require glasses. It was released in Japan on February 26, 2011 and in North America on March 27, 2011.

New System Update is out. FOLDERS!!

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By JJOR64

For those of you that are under the radar, this new update introduces the ability to use Folders to organize the home menu. FOLDERS!! Also, the ability to patch 3DS games, and I guess the eShop is supposed to have a new look as well.

GET IT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=176135

awadnin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By awadnin

My body is ready for folders.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#3  Edited By LordAndrew

Well, shit. This is what I get for playing DS games on my 3DS. Let this be a lesson to you all: Don't play Radiant Historia.

Ace829

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Ace829

The folders are really neat and saved my home screen from all the ambassador games. Also, the eShop interface isn't total shit anymore! I guess that's all I noticed and it's a nice little update though I wish they could have added a bit more. Is there anything I might have missed that changed?

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By LordAndrew

Great. Virtual Console games are now sorted into folders for each platform. And each folder can have its own icon size. I used the two-per-column view for NES and GBA games so they all fit perfectly. Three-per-column for Game Boy games because I bought too many but can't bear to shrink the icons any further. Unfortunately, I have three folders in a row that have "G" as their icon. I could throw an additional letter at the beginning of the name for icon control, but then "Game Boy Advance" won't fit. Curses!

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By LordAndrew

BREAKING NEWS: The 3DS/DS card icon can't be put in a folder. Whatever it's called. Disc Channel?

BlatantNinja23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By BlatantNinja23

Now if only a new update came out so that I didn't have to see the G on my folder because I called it gameboy

UPDATE.... Nevermind I just put a space before each name

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#8  Edited By BeachThunder

Awesome. Folders are such a small addition, but they make a huge difference; it means all that crap that ends up lying around can be neatly tucked away :D Although, I have to say, if I didn't already know that they added folders, then I probably wouldn't have found the option myself (seriously, who just clicks on blank tiles...?)

Also, the new store isn't particularly good; but, hey, I'm not complaining, I mean it certainly isn't worse than what it was before...

Vextroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By Vextroid

The folders a pretty cool. Sucks there is only room for 1 character on the face of the Folder, It looked like there was 2-3 characters on the Japanese demo video, (but maybe that is just my lack of knowledge on the Japanese language.) Also the the character limit. I have folders called GameBoy Virtual and NES Virtual Cons and it kinda bugs me.

Why can't you put the shop into a folder?

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By WinterSnowblind

This is a very welcome addition, but one that should have been there from the start. For all of Nintendo's innovations, it's pretty puzzling how they can be so backwards and un-user friendly in regards to so many other things.

But at least I can put all my Ambassador games in one place and keep things a bit more tidy.

Contrarian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Contrarian

@Vextroid said:

The folders a pretty cool. Sucks there is only room for 1 character on the face of the Folder, It looked like there was 2-3 characters on the Japanese demo video, (but maybe that is just my lack of knowledge on the Japanese language.) Also the the character limit. I have folders called GameBoy Virtual and NES Virtual Cons and it kinda bugs me.

Why can't you put the shop into a folder?

If they want to make the folders work better, they should have the option for a picture icon, like NES or Gameboy or GBA et cetera. Then the folders would be easy to identify. I am sure it wouldn't be that gard for them to make it work. Still, I am happy now I have 4 folders set up to tidy the place up - Gameboy Advance, NES, Demos & Utilities. This is a decent update and I so like the new eShop setup. Sure, it isn't perfect, but I find the Sony, Apple and Xbox ones equally less than perfect to use.

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By RE_Player1

The one character limit makes it look stupid.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#13  Edited By Hizang

Oh man I hadn't turned on my 3DS on in months and was happily surprised by this news. I hated how there was just so much shit on my 3DS home screen, 90% of it went unused anyway. So I just made a folder called junk and shoved everything in there, I now feel better about the 3DS.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.