Nintendo to Stream Upcoming 3DS Event Over Ustream

• 53 results
Posted by patrickklepek (5709 posts) -

Every time a website publishes a wildly unsubstantiated rumor from an obscure website, Nintendo pushes back the English release of Mother 3 one more month. Reggie just cackles as he flips the calendar forward.

I fully expect the ridiculous rumors to keep flying as we near Nintendo's pre-Tokyo Game Show event focusing on the 3DS on September 13 in Japan. Unless I can verify them, you won't see any of 'em here.

Fortunately, we can all collectively not understand what's going on and watch the madness unfold together, as Nintendo will be streaming the event (at least Nintendo's presentation) over Ustream and Nico Nico.

The latter is a popular Japanese video sharing website in the same vein of YouTube.

It's unclear what Nintendo will be announcing at the event, but coming off the drastic worldwide price cut, expect a flurry of game announcements to bolster confidence in the lineup after Super Mario 3D Land and Mario Kart 7 drop later this year.

They should just port Xenoblade to the 3DS, at this point.

#1 Posted by patrickklepek (5709 posts) -

Every time a website publishes a wildly unsubstantiated rumor from an obscure website, Nintendo pushes back the English release of Mother 3 one more month. Reggie just cackles as he flips the calendar forward.

I fully expect the ridiculous rumors to keep flying as we near Nintendo's pre-Tokyo Game Show event focusing on the 3DS on September 13 in Japan. Unless I can verify them, you won't see any of 'em here.

Fortunately, we can all collectively not understand what's going on and watch the madness unfold together, as Nintendo will be streaming the event (at least Nintendo's presentation) over Ustream and Nico Nico.

The latter is a popular Japanese video sharing website in the same vein of YouTube.

It's unclear what Nintendo will be announcing at the event, but coming off the drastic worldwide price cut, expect a flurry of game announcements to bolster confidence in the lineup after Super Mario 3D Land and Mario Kart 7 drop later this year.

They should just port Xenoblade to the 3DS, at this point.

#2 Edited by LiQuid3600 (146 posts) -

Trying 

Edit: VICTOLY!

#3 Posted by MordeaniisChaos (5730 posts) -

INteresting

#4 Posted by rjayb89 (7726 posts) -

USTREAMUUU

#5 Posted by Willy105 (4690 posts) -

Very nice.

#6 Posted by TehFlan (1944 posts) -

I would play Xenoblade on the 3DS.

#7 Posted by DeF (4927 posts) -

I'd love some Giant Bomb live commentary :D
like with the madness that was this year's Konami pre-E3 "live"-stream during TNT

#8 Posted by Mr_Skeleton (5147 posts) -

I refuse to believe Nintendo knows what is the internet.

#9 Posted by MisterMouse (3560 posts) -

That is cool I guess, american audiences can watch it. But with there be a translation?

#10 Posted by Afroman269 (7387 posts) -

I wonder if Nintendo is going to go through with giving the initial install base another massive middle finger by announcing another 3DS with dual analog sticks.

#11 Posted by Shaanyboi (1323 posts) -

I'm not expecting much, but I am interested in what they have to show. 

If I had to speculate (and I do) I'd say there are probably goin to be acouple feature updates for the system like "Here's this new thing you can do with it that you won't actually use, but oh well!" 

And aside from updates on existing games, maybe acouple announcements, but nothing big.  Not like... POKEMON or A NEW METROID.  Just lke acouple sorta filler titles to fill out the calendar, but are still interesting and that have a fanbase, like an Advance Wars or something.
#12 Posted by BraveToaster (12588 posts) -

Sounds like and act of desperation.

#13 Posted by patrickklepek (5709 posts) -

@Afroman269 said:

I wonder if Nintendo is going to go through with giving the initial install base another massive middle finger by announcing another 3DS with dual analog sticks.

That's crazy talk. How would they communicate that to consumers? It's madness. That's not even the problem with the 3DS.

#14 Posted by BeachThunder (12114 posts) -

My guess: Mother 3 as part of the unannounced GBA titles for 3DS...

#15 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7617 posts) -

@BeachThunder said:

pleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleaseplease

Even if they get this in Japan, it would be changed for the US/European games. They aren't going to completely translate a game and then give it away to us for free.

#16 Posted by Afroman269 (7387 posts) -

@patrickklepek: Wasn't there a good amount of rumors about that stuff though? I don't see it happening but...I don't know?

#17 Posted by 49th (2788 posts) -

If they announce 3DS lite I will be fucking pissed off.

#18 Posted by BeachThunder (12114 posts) -
@WinterSnowblind said:

@BeachThunder said:

Even if they get this in Japan, it would be changed for the US/European games. They aren't going to completely translate a game and then give it away to us for free.

=(
#19 Posted by Vexxan (4623 posts) -

Nah, not going up at 5 AM to watch Nintendo try to save the 3DS.

Unless they show Pokémon 3DS, of course.

#20 Posted by Cazamalos (983 posts) -

i remember the event they streamed to show the 3DS 
Japanese people making weird faces when looking the 3DS screen all over again?

#21 Edited by wolf_blitzer85 (5278 posts) -

@Afroman269 said:

@patrickklepek: Wasn't there a good amount of rumors about that stuff though? I don't see it happening but...I don't know?

God I hope not. Of course it is customary to expect craziness from Nintendo conferences, when chances are all we'll get is "Mario is still coming out. Does stuff with the WiiU."

Maybe a Zelda for good measure. One that looks like Wind Waker and Majora's mask had a baby.

A sexy baby.

#22 Posted by Giraffeking (29 posts) -

That mother 3 line hurt hard. I remember writting and calling into Nintendo of America trying anything to make a difference.

#23 Posted by Afroman269 (7387 posts) -

@wolf_blitzer85: It's just a 3DS event so don't expect Wii U talk. I would be pumped to see a Wind Waker style Zelda game go to 3DS.

#24 Posted by Vasta_Narada (450 posts) -
@WinterSnowblind said:

@BeachThunder said:

They could always take the fan translation, that Tomato has said he would give to NoA for free /desperatelyhopefulfan
#25 Posted by hagridore (500 posts) -

New model of 3DS.

#26 Posted by endaround (2147 posts) -

Isn't the real question whether or not the Nico Nico stream will have comments streaming over the video in real time?

#27 Posted by bigbobslamjam (5 posts) -

Seconding a GiantBomb live stream of Nintendo's stream.

#28 Posted by neoepoch (1295 posts) -

That first sentence totally bums me the hell out. Thanks Patrick. :(

#29 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

Will there be a chat on the stream? If so, I've some questions for Reggie and friends.

#30 Posted by EoinMason (90 posts) -

The 3DS with dual analogues does scream to me something someone made up in the hopes of fixing something that, on the list of problems with the 3DS, is the bottom of it.

I will be very surprised if they don't announce a 3DS Lite, though. Especially if they coincide with the launch of the 3DS transfer part on the System settings.

#31 Posted by RE_Player1 (7566 posts) -

People who think they are making a 3DS with 2 analog sticks are INSANE!!!!!!!!!!!

#32 Posted by ThePilgrums (428 posts) -

@wolf_blitzer85 said:

Maybe a Zelda for good measure. One that looks like Wind Waker and Majora's mask had a baby.

A sexy baby.

If you threw in some Link's Awakening I'd never need another Zelda game and would forever need a new pair of pants. That's my Zelda trifecta.

#33 Posted by wolf_blitzer85 (5278 posts) -

@ThePilgrums said:

@wolf_blitzer85 said:

A sexy baby.

If you threw in some Link's Awakening I'd never need another Zelda game and would forever need a new pair of pants. That's my Zelda trifecta.

Okay so I'm thinking top down since that would look rad in 3D, visuals like Wind Waker, side quests like Majora's Mask, and a Chain Chomp.

Maybe name a village Rauru or something just for a little extra kick.

#34 Posted by Dagbiker (6978 posts) -

@49th:

The 3ds already has a light.

#35 Posted by Thor_Molecules (732 posts) -

I´m still hoping for a redesign and nobody can stop me.

#36 Posted by Gerhabio (1977 posts) -
Every time a website publishes a wildly unsubstantiated rumor from an obscure website, Nintendo pushes back the English release of Mother 3one more month. Reggie just cackles as he flips the calendar forward.

This made me laugh so hard.

#37 Posted by Cybexx (1201 posts) -

Noooo not Mother 3! Though in all seriousness that fan localization that came out (in 2009?) is pretty solid.

#38 Posted by Jolt92 (1560 posts) -

I would totally watch a Giant Bomb 3DS event-stream-stream

#39 Posted by ThePhantomStranger (377 posts) -

I think GiantBomb should hijack a potential livestream of the nintendo livestream by G4 so it could be a livestream of a livestream of a livestream...and then we can see the GiantBomb squad have to deal with gravity shifts in the whiskey media hallways...

#40 Posted by ptys (1971 posts) -

Cool new text editor. This is the 3DS event which will decide weather I buy one. I reckon they're slashing the price of the 1st and they're bringing out a better featured re-design. Maybe even a phone?

#41 Posted by LifeByDegrees (244 posts) -

English Translator stream? Or just Japanese.

#42 Posted by RoyCampbell (1096 posts) -

Super stoked.

#43 Posted by JuanHino (12 posts) -

I thoroughly enjoyed reading this. Thanks for the yucks!

#44 Posted by Aaron_G (1616 posts) -

I hope they have some good games to announce. All I have really aplayed on it is OoT.

#45 Posted by coakroach (2492 posts) -

We believe...

#46 Posted by OMGTSN (20 posts) -

Speaking of things we'd like to see on the 3DS, what about Skype support? That'd be neat.

#47 Posted by sonicrift (303 posts) -

" Unless I can verify them, you won't see any of 'em here." 
One of the many reasons Patrick is the man. 

#48 Posted by Agent10 (5 posts) -

i want to see games

#49 Posted by UprootedDreamer (31 posts) -

Interesting to say the least.

#50 Posted by Aaron_G (1616 posts) -

"Through the magic of the Internet, we can all be confused at what's happening together."

I love you Patrick.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.