Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Nintendo 3DS

Platform »

The Nintendo 3DS is a portable game console produced by Nintendo. The handheld features stereoscopic 3D technology that doesn't require glasses. It was released in Japan on February 26, 2011 and in North America on March 27, 2011.

Nintendo Video is a little less bad now?

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

Basically because they have some Pendleton Ward stuff now. They have shorts from two "Cartoon Hangover" series (web sideprojects of Pen Ward and his crew, if you're not familiar). On the downside, they don't appear to be in 3D at all, they just look like a regular-ass 2D cartoon. No crazy parallax scrolling or anything.

Nintendo Video has episodes of Pen Ward's Bravest Warriors, and episodes of Natasha Allegri's Bee & Puppycat. Both are quite funny, if Adventure Time's humour is your thing. They're available elsewhere online so the episodes on Nintendo Video currently are behind what you can find on the web, but still, this dramatically raises the quality of Nintendo Video. Before this, Nintendo video was way too much "here is some basic 3D video by a few guys who just finished 3D art school but aren't very good writers or voice actors".

Kinda sucks that it's not original content, though. The other 2 videos aside from the Pen Ward ones are a weird slapstick video featuring Wind Waker Link and some 3D assets from Wind Waker, and a weird claymation dog kung fu video that falls into the "recent graduate from 3D art school" category.

Avatar image for the_hiro_abides
    the_hiro_abides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By the_hiro_abides

I haven't paid attention to Nintendo Video in ages. I might take another look now.

audioBusting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 26

Sounds cool, I've watched them on YouTube and they're pretty funny. Maybe it's one step to having Nintendo Video be a little more than an annoyance for me.

By the way, Bee & Puppycat is having a Kickstarter for more episodes, if anyone's interested.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.