Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Nintendo 3DS

Platform »

The Nintendo 3DS is a portable game console produced by Nintendo. The handheld features stereoscopic 3D technology that doesn't require glasses. It was released in Japan on February 26, 2011 and in North America on March 27, 2011.

Nintendo's Been Thinking About Cell Phones For Years

• 59 results
    RLLink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By RLLink

Still can't care about iOS. Ah well.

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 17

#52  Edited By Tireyo

I hate it when a stupid phone is considered a game system. I got an Iphone, and I don't even think of it as a game system either even though I have games on it.

ArchTeckGuru8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By ArchTeckGuru8

I really really hope these hints and such for iOS and nintendo are not true.

I have an iPhone and I think im over the romance of it, especially game wise.

Hector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 1

#54  Edited By Hector

Just imagine having a Nintendo App on your iPhone that would just be bad ass.

fc360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By fc360

What they should do is develop their own phone and include some old classic Nintendo games, manufacturer a small number just to see if it's a viable option. If they create games for existing mobile OS's then they would have to modify it to work on multiple devices which could take a long time. 

I would love to see a Android phone created by Nintendo :)

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#56  Edited By Sooty
    @Hector said:

Just imagine having a Nintendo App on your iPhone that would just be bad ass.

It's not that hard to imagine considering emulators have existed on the iPhone since like 2008.

It would still suck, though,  playing games like Mario with on screen buttons/sticks is shitty.
    BBQBram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#57  Edited By BBQBram

Heh, typical Nintendo. I like that at least one company is taking the toy makers approach instead of the electronics conglomerate route.

Xsheps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#58  Edited By Xsheps

I wonder how the experia play's sales are doing.  Probably people looking for a phone just want an iPhone or maybe an Android if they are a nerd.   The best way for Nintendo to monetize seems to be via an app, not by creating their own phone.

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#59  Edited By mariokart64fan

maybe they will bring the gameboy back think about it , they did have ds as a third pillar at one point what if 3ds dont take off, they can get gameboy back , get that to take off and have 2 blows for sony, that could work well but what is the difference between the gameboy and ds any way besides name i dont see it

FreakAche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#60  Edited By FreakAche

@mariokart64fan said:

maybe they will bring the gameboy back think about it , they did have ds as a third pillar at one point what if 3ds dont take off, they can get gameboy back , get that to take off and have 2 blows for sony, that could work well but what is the difference between the gameboy and ds any way besides name i dont see it

The Game Boy brand bears MUCH less weight than the DS brand at this point.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.