Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Nintendo 3DS

Platform »

The Nintendo 3DS is a portable game console produced by Nintendo. The handheld features stereoscopic 3D technology that doesn't require glasses. It was released in Japan on February 26, 2011 and in North America on March 27, 2011.

Not sure if I want to re-preorder the 3DS.

ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By ravensword

Ok, so I canceled my 3DS preorder last week, but am seriously considering re-preordering it. The reason I canceled in the first place was because there was only 1 game at launch that I had any interest in and that was street fighter. I figured it was dumb to spend 250 dollars on something and only get one game at launch I would want to play and the earliest something else would come out that I would want would be like in june. However, a thought occured to me: These things are probaly going to be very hard to find for months to come, and im not going to be able to get one when the stuff I do want comes out if I dont get it at launch.  

So, im really considering getting the 3DS at launch so im guranteed to have it for when stuff I do really want comes out.  

What do you guys think? Is this dumb thinking? I wonder if I can even preorder still and be guranteed a unit.
    MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By MooseyMcMan  Online

Well, there's probably going to be enough in stores to find one well before they go down in price. 

KnifeySpoony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By KnifeySpoony

Limited supply is exactly how companies like Nintendo want to get early adopters 

The doubt you're feeling is what they want. If you really want one when games come out, you'll be able to find one then.

ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By ravensword
    @m0rdr3d:
    So your saying get it at launch or dont get it at launch?
    xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By xyzygy

Just because they might be hard to find doesn't mean you won't ever get one. There is only one game for it you want - after you play the shit out of it you'll be waiting. Those games will always be there... just wait it out.

Avatar image for machofantastico
    MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By MachoFantastico

Here in the UK there as been a high demand of pre-orders for the 3DS, reports state that they'll be around 180,000 units for launch at the end of March and already there's been 100,000 pre-orders. 

Have a pre-order of my own already in place, but still might cancel if I'm unsure. 

Chindie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7  Edited By Chindie

Hold off. The console will be in steady supply pretty quickly after launch.

And it's not exactly dripping with must have releases in it's first few months so in your shoes, I'd just wait. You'll find that bundles will improve as time goes on, so when you do come t buy one when theres a few interesting titles out, you'll get a better deal.

animateria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By animateria

Seeing how it's terrible at emulating DS games... 

I'm just buying a DSi XL now.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#9  Edited By Bollard
    @animateria said:
    " Seeing how it's terrible at emulating DS games...  I'm just buying a DSi XL now. "
    Source?
    animateria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By animateria
    @Chavtheworld said:
    " @animateria said:
    " Seeing how it's terrible at emulating DS games...  I'm just buying a DSi XL now. "
    Source? "
    Both Kotaku and Joystiq's reviews mention how it doesn't do a good job with displaying DS games on it's screen. That the stretches look wrong, and the other option of making em smaller puts a black border around the screen.
    AgentofChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By AgentofChaos

Just wait, at least until some of the updates for the system come out. Personally, I'm waiting for the 3DS lite.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Bollard
    @animateria said:
    " @Chavtheworld said:
    " @animateria said:
    Source? "
    Both Kotaku and Joystiq's reviews mention how it doesn't do a good job with displaying DS games on it's screen. That the stretches look wrong, and the other option of making em smaller puts a black border around the screen. "
    Well as long as they don't run like shit, a black border isn't a problem at all! Unless it's somehow actually smaller than the original DS screen. Why would you wanna see DS games blown up anyway? They look pixelly enough!
    FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#13  Edited By FancySoapsMan

I don't see the point in buying a console at launch.

And besides, I don't think you'll have any trouble finding one, unless you're trying to get one in the first couple of weeks after it's release.

Kjellm87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Kjellm87

It's no big deal, you can pick it up later.
    I preordered it yesterday,  it has some upcoming games I'm interested in, so I would have buyed it at some point anyway,
    also my DS lite is kinda busted

animateria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By animateria
    @Chavtheworld said:
    " @animateria said:
    " @Chavtheworld said:
    " @animateria said:
    Source? "
    Both Kotaku and Joystiq's reviews mention how it doesn't do a good job with displaying DS games on it's screen. That the stretches look wrong, and the other option of making em smaller puts a black border around the screen. "
    Well as long as they don't run like shit, a black border isn't a problem at all! Unless it's somehow actually smaller than the original DS screen. Why would you wanna see DS games blown up anyway? They look pixelly enough! "
    Let's just say I got a DS Fat around launch. And at the end of the cycle we got DSi's and hell, even the DS Lite was a leap ahead.
    Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Bollard
    @animateria: Fair, although I don't have anything against my DS Fat. Only upgraded cause my friend was selling his Lite with an EDGE card for like, almost the same price as the EDGE card on its own. (No I didn't pirate, I used the card for Cheats to get event only Pokemans.)
    MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#17  Edited By MikkaQ

They will be hard to find for about a month probably, I remember how hard it was to find a DS right away, but then they get mad resupplied pretty soon after. 

Unless of course Nintendo's still pulling the same shit they did with the wii and create fake sold-out situations. Ugh. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.