Seaman coming to 3DS?

#1 Posted by abdo (1037 posts) -

According to Andriasang.com, Japanese newspaper Nikkei featured an article discussing Nintendo releasing rival publisher games on the 3DS including, of all games, the Dreamcast cult classic Seaman. Original designer Yoot Saito teased this a while back, so I'm pretty sure it will be on the 3DS soon. I wish it could make it to other platforms though. People might take this the wrong way, but doesn't this say something about the 3DS's lack of games, if Nintendo is reaching out to other publishers for their 'old' games?

#2 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7241 posts) -

Fuck yeah!

#3 Posted by Contrarian (1143 posts) -

No, I think it is more just about getting a nice large and diverse catalogue. I have no idea what Seaman is by the way.

#4 Posted by Lunar_Aura (2778 posts) -

@Contrarian: It's just a stupid trash-talking man fish hybrid people now pretend to like to look "hardcore". Pretty much what happens with all Dreamcast games now.

#5 Posted by MooseyMcMan (11435 posts) -

I hope it does. I want to play that "game," and buying that and a 3DS would be way easier than trying to find a copy of the Dreamcast version, and the mic that goes along with it.

Also, the Seaman (Seamans?) are voiced by none other than Jeff Kramer, which I think is funny. Don't you agree, Zach?

#6 Posted by Cheesebob (1246 posts) -

@Contrarian said:

No, I think it is more just about getting a nice large and diverse catalogue. I have no idea what Seaman is by the way.

#7 Posted by dagas (2899 posts) -

I never played it. I liked the Dreamcast but that doesn't mean that every game for it was awesome, but it sure was different.

#8 Posted by Contrarian (1143 posts) -

@Lunar_Aura said:

@Contrarian: It's just a stupid trash-talking man fish hybrid people now pretend to like to look "hardcore". Pretty much what happens with all Dreamcast games now.

Wow, that video is from the game? It is just bizarre. I can't say that it sold itself to me on that. Oh well, maybe I am not hardcore.

#9 Posted by SeriouslyNow (8534 posts) -
@Lunar_Aura said:

There still hasn't been a Soul Calibur to match the DC original.  Or a Bass Fishing.  Or a Samba de Amigo.   Or a Hero for Hire.  And not even something like a Shenmue.  It was only out for around 12 months and there were quite a few original ideas and excellently executed games in its tiny library.   I'm not sure how liking some good games makes a person hardcore but if that's the case then I'm hardcore and you don't know what you missed out on. 
#10 Posted by Lunar_Aura (2778 posts) -

@SeriouslyNow said:

@Lunar_Aura said:

you don't know what you missed out on.

*looks at his import dc and early Japanese copy of Soul Calibur*

Yep, I certainly don't know. :)

#11 Posted by SeriouslyNow (8534 posts) -
@Lunar_Aura said:

@SeriouslyNow said:

@Lunar_Aura said:

you don't know what you missed out on.

*looks at his import dc and early Japanese copy of Soul Calibur*

Yep, I certainly don't know. :)

So then explain why you're being such a dick about other people being excited at the idea of playing this game?
#12 Posted by Lunar_Aura (2778 posts) -

@SeriouslyNow: I just meant that it's a shame how lots of people bandwagon on liking Dreamcast games now when true fans (read: people like you and I) always gave a shit and never shunned the system because of PS2 hype.

Yikes... I don't post for a while and already I'm not conveying my intentions well.

#13 Posted by SeriouslyNow (8534 posts) -
@Lunar_Aura said:

@SeriouslyNow: I just meant that it's a shame how lots of people bandwagon on liking Dreamcast games now when true fans (read: people like you and I) always gave a shit and never shunned the system because of PS2 hype.

Yikes... I don't post for a while and already I'm not conveying my intentions well.

Ah cool.  Totally misunderstood where you were coming from.  You should read the sentence back though, it does sound a lot you're taking a dumb on the DC's library (which admittedly had its fair share of plonkers too).
#14 Posted by ShadowSkill11 (1783 posts) -

If I had a 3DS, it would have semen on it 24/7.

#15 Posted by SleepyDoughnut (1239 posts) -

Obligatory:

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.