Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Nintendo 3DS

Platform »

The Nintendo 3DS is a portable game console produced by Nintendo. The handheld features stereoscopic 3D technology that doesn't require glasses. It was released in Japan on February 26, 2011 and in North America on March 27, 2011.

Sega Confirms (Delays) CRUSH3D and Shinobi for 3DS

patrickklepek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By patrickklepek
    You can play Shinbo on 3DS in September...or February. The two months are pretty similar.
    You can play Shinbo on 3DS in September...or February. The two months are pretty similar.

It's a bad day for 3DS early adopters, with Capcom announcing the cancellation of the long-desired Mega Man Legends 3 (was there any doubt when Keiji Inafune left?), and Sega pushing back the release dates of both CRUSH3D and Shinobi.

CRUSH3D, originally scheduled for September 6, is now arriving on November 15.

Shinobi, also previously set for a release in September, now won't release until February 12, 2012.

The most pressing issue for Nintendo's new handheld is a glaring lack of quality software, and while there were no guarantees either game would fit the bill, now we won't know for quite a bit longer.

How barren is the upcoming 3DS lineup? Just look at the road to this fall via GameStop.

No Caption Provided

Great.

patrickklepek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By patrickklepek

It's a bad day for 3DS early adopters, with Capcom announcing the cancellation of the long-desired Mega Man Legends 3 (was there any doubt when Keiji Inafune left?), and Sega pushing back the release dates of both CRUSH3D and Shinobi.

CRUSH3D, originally scheduled for September 6, is now arriving on November 15.

Shinobi, also previously set for a release in September, now won't release until February 12, 2012.

The most pressing issue for Nintendo's new handheld is a glaring lack of quality software, and while there were no guarantees either game would fit the bill, now we won't know for quite a bit longer.

How barren is the upcoming 3DS lineup? Just look at the road to this fall via GameStop.

No Caption Provided

Great.

raremonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By raremonkey

Just because the system isn't selling as well as everyone thought, doesn't mean we need to stop putting out games for it.

Sinful

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Sinful

How dare you post something from the demon store of GameStop........thanks Pat...you lost 2 points.

tonkydongo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By tonkydongo

That lineup is depressing.

Askherserenity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Askherserenity

What the hell is going on with all these 3DS games? :[ I'm getting worried...

beard_of_zeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 37

#6  Edited By beard_of_zeus

Releasing less games is certainly not going to help the situation, companies! I guess I'll just keep playing Shadow Wars and Ocarina of Time on my 3DS.

I'll probably pick up Devil Survivor Overclocked since I never got around to playing the original DS version, and I was actually looking forward to CRUSH3D, stinks that it got delayed. Hopefully the lineup picks up soon.

sirdesmond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By sirdesmond

The 3DS is a killer handheld and a lot of the stuff that's being done with it right now is great. We just need more good games!

Raven10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By Raven10

Nintendo really jumped the gun on this one. Should have waited until Holiday time to release it.

gohanegret

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By gohanegret
    TotalEklypse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By TotalEklypse

Sega delays?  NEVER.... 

xpgamer7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#11  Edited By xpgamer7

This is why the 3DS is failing. Nintendo really needs to put out some games.

Rolyatkcinmai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Rolyatkcinmai

I was a 3DS "early adopter" and I did not give a shit about any of those three games. Meh.

OllyOxenFree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#13  Edited By OllyOxenFree

So depressing...

Cybexx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#14  Edited By Cybexx

That Gamestop list is missing Super Mario, Kid Icarus, Mario Kart and Metal Gear Solid 3 so its not quite that dire

megalowho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 28

#15  Edited By megalowho

Anyone (like me) that has a 3DS pretty much had to know going in that there wasn't going to be decent software support for at least a year. And even then, probably only a couple of must have titles. Same deal with the original DS - such are the ways of Nintendo and their third party relationships.

Avatar image for little_socrates
    Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

#16  Edited By Little_Socrates

@patrickklepek: Sorry to be that guy, but it looks like you mixed up the dates for the games. It happens, don't mean to criticize.

Major bummer in general, though. 3DS badly needs some of this software. Hopefully this'll lead to a lot of people picking up Devil Summoner Overclocked, right? 

...right?
    mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#17  Edited By mosespippy

@patrickklepek Speaking of SEGA handheld games is there any news on a North American Valkyria Chronicles 3? I noticed it wasn't at E3 even though it's was supposed to be out sometime this year. I heard SGEA has abandoned the PSP all together and and that VC3 for NA was canceled but haven't seen anything concrete.

yukoasho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

#18  Edited By yukoasho
    @RareMonkey said:
    Just because the system isn't selling as well as everyone thought, doesn't mean we need to stop putting out games for it.
    Yeah, it's becoming something of a vicious cycle.  You can't release good games on the console unless there's units to support the investment, but people aren't going to buy 3DSes unless there's games that are worth a damn.
    oldskooldeano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19  Edited By oldskooldeano

I feel sorry for the guy's 'n gals who have worked on those games. A feb. release (for Crush 3D) is a looong time to wait to see your finished game hit the shelves.

Trebz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Trebz

This looks like a problem only Nintendo can fix if developers keep looking at the situation as a risky gamble. They're the only one guaranteed to release quality titles that will increase interest in the 3DS. It's a shame that the heavy hitters won't be around until at least the holidays.

liako21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By liako21

I dont know if the 3ds is necessarily losing...however now would be good to get people to sign on before the vita comes out.  

vinsanityv22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By vinsanityv22

The 3DS was a big waste of money. I really regret it right now. Netflix helps, the few DSiware games worth buying via the eShop, and I can still buy DS games (so I've been stocking up on quality DS titles like Radiant Historia, Nostalgia, Monster Tale and the like), but mostly it's a big waste of money. I'm not even going to bother to finish Ocarina 3D; playing through this 13 year old game - with a Dreamcast coat of paint now (big whoop) - just isn't worth it. It's really shown itself to be worse than Majora's Mask, Wind Waker and even Spirit Tracks (which is wicked underrated). Totally, completely not worth it so far. 

The 3DS is a catastrophic disappointment thus far. Nintendo made a big mistake rushing it out the door so far in advance of games; this is like the Sega Saturn part II at this point.

Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 28

#23  Edited By Legend

@Patrick Accprding to this:

"Shinobi™ will be released on November 15, 2011, while CRUSH3D™ will be released on February 21, 2012."

citizenjp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By citizenjp

Fuuuck of course....Damn I really wanted Shinobi lol. Ahh shucks.

Eyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Eyz

Just delayed...for a sec' you got me worried on an eventual cancellation...

awadnin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#26  Edited By awadnin

"sonic generations 3d"  the only thing i need it from sega.

AtomicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 11

#27  Edited By AtomicEdge

The 3DS could definitely do wit some better software. But for me, my portable gaming time is pretty limited. All I need is 3 or so Nintendo titles a year!

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By toowalrus

I'll buy one when Luigi's Mansion 2 comes out... hopefully they do a hardware refresh by then... maybe even a limited edition Luigi's Mansion 3DS!? That'd be rad...

MeatSim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#29  Edited By MeatSim

I guess your gonna have to play more Ocarina of Time 3D.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.