Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Nintendo 3DS

Platform »

The Nintendo 3DS is a portable game console produced by Nintendo. The handheld features stereoscopic 3D technology that doesn't require glasses. It was released in Japan on February 26, 2011 and in North America on March 27, 2011.

Should I Get a 3DS?

hangedtoaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By hangedtoaster

Hello fellow Bombers, I've recently started a new job that requires me to work night shifts, and there are gaps where nothing is happening and I am left sitting around twiddling my thumbs. In the search for entertainment I am turning to ya'll for advice for killing time, this could go drastically wrong. Anyway's the thought occurred to me hey I should get one of those new fangled 3DS XL's I just dunno what games are really good for the system, or if the system itself is even good. I love RPG's and err other games. So go! Inform me on what makes the 3DS so darn great, and say it in an entertaining fashion cause I'm at work and bored as hell

face15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By face15

Get a/take your Kindle to work.

Bell_End

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Bell_End

sounds like an 'XLent' idea...

.. see what i did there

hangedtoaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By hangedtoaster

@Bell_End: yeah, or you could have just made up the new Lent, Xtreme Lent: Give up more... or something

C2C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By C2C

For RPGs the 3DS is a tad bit starved right now. However, the three that come to mind right now are Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance, Tales of the Abyss, and SMT: Devil Survivor Overclocked. Theatrhythm: Final Fantasy might also be something to get into if playing a rhythm RPG game based on FF tunes is something that sounds interesting to you.

That is however ignoring the rather huge library of RPGs already out on regular ol' vanilla DS that you can also play, and there are some really good gems in there. Would I get a 3DS as solely an RPG device? If your excited about the SMT stuff announced on it, then yes. For other varieties of RPGs though I would say to get an original DS on the cheap and wait it out till some more developers start representing themselves properly on the 3DS.

DeadVillager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By DeadVillager

Etrian Odyssey 4 is probably coming stateside soon, which'll be on the 3DS. You might want to grab that if you want a good dungeon crawler RPG

MideonNViscera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By MideonNViscera

I`m liking mine a lot lately, and definitely upgrading to the XL.

awadnin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By awadnin

great 3DS games:

1. Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked (RPG)

2. Heroes of Ruin (RPG)

3. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D

4. Super Mario 3D Land

5. Pushmo (eShop)

6. Mario Kart 7

7. Resident Evil: Revelations

I think there are few RPGa games for 3DS because it is a new handheld however the DS has a lot of RPGs and you can play them in your 3DS

great DS games (RPGs):

1. Chrono Trigger

2. Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story

3. The World Ends With You

4. Pokémon HeartGold/SoulSilver (if you prefer Classic Pokémon) or Pokémon Black/White if you want try new Pokémon style.

5. Golden Sun: Dark Dawn

6. Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies

7. Radiant Historia

8. Final Fantasy IV

9. Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride

10. Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.