Should I upgrade to an XL?

#1 Posted by pompouspizza (291 posts) -

I really cannot make my mind up, I keep weighing up the pros and cons but I can't decide if it's worth it, to anyone that had the original 3DS and now has the XL can I please have some opinions?.

#2 Edited by killacam (1284 posts) -

it's not out yet.

edit: europe. my bad. get it.

#3 Edited by MooseyMcMan (11025 posts) -

Be like Two-Face and flip a coin.

#4 Posted by 49th (2758 posts) -

No you have one already.

#5 Posted by mscupcakes (612 posts) -

If you really have problems seeing the screen or have bad eyesight then sure. If not then I'd pass.

#6 Posted by believer258 (11914 posts) -

If you've got a ton of extra cash hanging around and want a bigger screen, then sure.

If you do end up getting a XL, what (if I may ask) do you plan on doing with the old one?

#7 Posted by Deusx (1905 posts) -

Why? I have a normal 3DS and I couldn´t be happier with it. Do you need a bigger screen that bad? I really don´t get the appeal of an XL version of a HANDHELD. It´s supposed to fit in your pocket. Maybe you people are just using it on your living room.

#8 Posted by Hailinel (24830 posts) -

It's not a necessary upgrade. I have no intention of getting an XL at this point because the original model has served me well.

#9 Posted by theMixxer (41 posts) -

One reason I'm considering a 3DS XL is the ergonomics. A few anecdotes from around the web (including the Bombcast from Jeff IIRC) noted that the XL feels better in the hands than the normal 3DS. As someone who occasionally gets hand cramps from playing the normal 3DS this facet of the 3DS XL interests me. Plus, I like how comically oversized it looks. Would be funny to play on it in public. Does that make me a hipster?

#10 Posted by GunslingerPanda (4757 posts) -

The XL is so cheap-looking that I'm not really sure it would be an "upgrade," the damn thing was clearly made on a budget.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.