Everyone seems to be getting pretty wound up about the slide pad cradle for 3DS. Maybe I have bigger problems, but it does not bother me. Here's what I think:
- Its ugly, I won't say it isn't, but I actually don't take my 3DS on the road to play (I drive to work, no time to play portable games) that much I use it on Sunday afternoons at home and before bed. I take it out to street pass and maybe I will have time for field runners. Thus I can leave the cradle at home keep the looks elegant on the road and not give a shit at home.
- It makes the machine bigger in my hands. The 3DS feels small in my hands this looks like it will make it more comfortable.
- Added costs - the thing will be offered as a pack in for any games that need it, don't want those games you're good.
- It gives the 3DS the same number of inputs as the Wii U controller, thus it will be a viable second input. You won't be able to stream full games over to it, but because Pokemon Battle Revolution proved the DS could be used as an input for a Wii game the 3DS will be perfect for second and 3rd player.
- Anyone who has not bought in already can just get the inevitable all in one redesign.
- It is better than shoehorning dual analogue controls onto the existing hardware and adds more gameplay possibilities i.e. FPS, Monster Hunter