So, I got my mom a 3DS for Christmas!

#1 Posted by big_jon (5723 posts) -

I got it for 150$ it came with Zelda Ocarina of time, New Super Mario Bros, and Mario 64 DS. I wanted to spoil her this year, I can't wait for her to open it up!

#2 Posted by xMP44x (2193 posts) -

You'd better hope your mom doesn't use Giant Bomb, duder! :P

#3 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8061 posts) -

Damn that's a good deal, where did you get it from?

#4 Posted by big_jon (5723 posts) -

@Unknown_Pleasures:

Some guy off craigslist, it's about three months old.

#5 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8061 posts) -

My mom has a DS and she use to play it a lot but now she mostly plays games on her iPod touch....or Plants Vs. Zombies on the PC.

#6 Posted by JJOR64 (18956 posts) -

Nice! You should get her Mario Kart 7 as well if she likes racing games.

#7 Posted by kermoosh (911 posts) -

wow, my mom would be angry if i wasted money to get her videogames

#8 Posted by big_jon (5723 posts) -

@kermoosh said:

wow, my mom would be angry if i wasted money to get her videogames

Sucks for you.

#9 Posted by nintendoeats (5975 posts) -

My dad got my mom a 3DS 4 or 5 months ago and it has thusfar been used for about 15 minutes. By me. Eventually that Layton/Phoenix Wright game will come out and she will play that, but realistically it was a bad purchase. I hope that your mom likes the games that you got, because otherwise you've been had.

#10 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8061 posts) -

@nintendoeats said:

My dad got my mom a 3DS 4 or 5 months ago and it has thusfar been used for about 15 minutes. By me. Eventually that Layton/Phoenix Wright game will come out and she will play that, but realistically it was a bad purchase. I hope that your mom likes the games that you got, because otherwise you've been had.

You should just take it....I use my mom's DS all the time.

#11 Posted by Dagbiker (6974 posts) -

What did your mom do to you to deserve that?

#12 Posted by nintendoeats (5975 posts) -

@Unknown_Pleasures said:

@nintendoeats said:

You should just take it....I use my mom's DS all the time.

Well, it's in Qatar and I'm in Nova Scotia. Anyway, the only game that interests me on it is Starfox 64 which I can get my fill of in about half an hour. Actually, probably 5 minutes. I just want to see what it looks like in stereoscopic 3D. Man, nuts to the 3DS.

#13 Posted by BoG (5187 posts) -

I once purchased my father Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage for Christmas. He never played it once, but I earned 100% completion. No doubt it's the best thing I ever gave to anyone.

#14 Posted by big_jon (5723 posts) -

@Dagbiker said:

What?

#15 Posted by big_jon (5723 posts) -

My mom likes Nintendo games.

#16 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5138 posts) -

That's an awesome gift as long as she likes games like that. My mom only plays Professor Layton and Angry Birds.

#17 Posted by SuperSambo (2860 posts) -

Is there a point to this thread?

#18 Posted by captain_clayman (3320 posts) -

your mom sounds way cooler than my mom -______-

#19 Posted by MikkaQ (10284 posts) -

My parents are too old for that. My dad was too old when fucking Atari came out. He claimed to have bought one and never really understood it, so I don't even try with them. As for my mom, well we had to get her a CD player this year because an Apple TV was too complicated for her to use. An Apple product... too complicated. I'm insanely surprised I grew up as technologically-minded as I did.

#20 Posted by Enigma777 (6071 posts) -
@big_jon said:

@Dagbiker said:

What?

You must really hate your mom...
#21 Posted by kingzetta (4307 posts) -

so you hate your mom? ooooooooooooooooooooh

#22 Edited by big_jon (5723 posts) -

@SuperSambo said:

Is there a point to this thread?

Is there really a point to this post?

I was expressing my Christmas spirit, and this is related to video games. Don't like it? Than get the fuck out.

#23 Posted by FancySoapsMan (5821 posts) -

You are a good son.

#24 Posted by deathstriker666 (1337 posts) -

My whole family gives each other gift cards. My family sucks

#25 Posted by Yanngc33 (4496 posts) -

Kiss her eyesight goodbye

#26 Posted by bybeach (4793 posts) -

@big_jon: Good for you, she will have fun with something there, and get some true enjoyment out of it.

#27 Posted by C0V3RT (1377 posts) -

Very generous of you duder, I hope your mom enjoys it!

#28 Edited by big_jon (5723 posts) -

@Enigma777: You're a fucking creep, I am now going to proceed to flag you.

#29 Posted by Enigma777 (6071 posts) -
@big_jon Oh yeah? I am now going to proceed to tag you (in my album of looooove).
#30 Posted by Trace (3553 posts) -

@big_jon: @Enigma777: ...and I'm going to proceed to tell both of you to cut it out, and remind you that the forum rules state not to attack other members of the community.

Thanks in advance.

#31 Posted by Grillbar (1818 posts) -

@deathstriker666 said:

are you kidding. gift cards are great if they are to the right store. i never know what i want since i buy it when i need it and everything that i might want is far to exepensive so gift cards are great.

#32 Posted by big_jon (5723 posts) -

@Grillbar said:

@deathstriker666 said:

are you kidding. gift cards are great if they are to the right store. i never know what i want since i buy it when i need it and everything that i might want is far to exepensive so gift cards are great.

Kind of sucks the fun out of things.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.