Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Nintendo 3DS

Platform »

The Nintendo 3DS is a portable game console produced by Nintendo. The handheld features stereoscopic 3D technology that doesn't require glasses. It was released in Japan on February 26, 2011 and in North America on March 27, 2011.

Streetpass Stories

• 66 results
    Contro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Contro

Got six on Friday and one on Saturday. My local shopping centre, which is Europe's largest, is a hotbed for Street Pass, I only walked through it and got six.

Avatar image for bjorntheunicorn
    BjornTheUnicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#52  Edited By BjornTheUnicorn

Haven't found any yet, except for a friend. I haven't really been to a mall or anything since the release, and I feel like that's my only hope since LA is a very car-based city. I'm going to New York City in 2 weeks or so, so hopefully I'll have better luck there. Maybe I'd just snoop near the Nintendo World store for a while. 

EDIT: I forgot to say this, but to have streetpass for a specific game, do you just need to have the cartridge in the system and have activated streetpass in the game? Or do you have to have the game running in sleep mode?

blalala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#53  Edited By blalala
    @BjornTheUnicorn said:

" Haven't found any yet, except for a friend. I haven't really been to a mall or anything since the release, and I feel like that's my only hope since LA is a very car-based city. I'm going to New York City in 2 weeks or so, so hopefully I'll have better luck there. Maybe I'd just snoop near the Nintendo World store for a while.  EDIT: I forgot to say this, but to have streetpass for a specific game, do you just need to have the cartridge in the system and have activated streetpass in the game? Or do you have to have the game running in sleep mode? "

The game cart doesn't need to be in the system, nor does it need to be running, though there is a limit to how many street pass slots you have (can't remember how many). You can see the slots under settings/data management.
    bagmanforhire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 17

#54  Edited By bagmanforhire

I was just in Atlanta for wrestlemania and got 8 people while i was there only one of them was from Atlanta and one was from Canada 

Contro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Contro

Just 3 hits today, I got myself some more SF trophies so I'm happy.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f00787182625
    deactivated-5f00787182625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

The 3DS has an accelerometer in it, they could map out the route it had been taken on and show where the people had been met. That is prolly a lot more work that it's worth but definitely possible, on the race cars I help out with they use the system to map out a track on a data logger.

Contro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Contro
    @zudthespud said:
    " The 3DS has an accelerometer in it, they could map out the route it had been taken on and show where the people had been met. That is prolly a lot more work that it's worth but definitely possible, on the race cars I help out with they use the system to map out a track on a data logger. "

The 3DS hasn't got any GPS functionality yet.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Contro: I'm not talking about GPS, it has an accelerometer so you could use the info from that to map out the movement of the 3DS and then put the street pass locations on that route. The accelerometer will be able to tell how far you have moved from a certain spot and in what direction, and how fast, but if it doesn't know where it started from then you can't put it on a map. Thinking about it, it wouldn't have much use but it would show you when during your daily routine you passed someone.
    bibamatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#59  Edited By bibamatt
    @zudthespud
    @Contro: I'm not talking about GPS, it has an accelerometer so you could use the info from that to map out the movement of the 3DS and then put the street pass locations on that route. The accelerometer will be able to tell how far you have moved from a certain spot and in what direction, and how fast, but if it doesn't know where it started from then you can't put it on a map. Thinking about it, it wouldn't have much use but it would show you when during your daily routine you passed someone.
    Errr, no it won't be able to that.
    LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#60  Edited By LordAndrew

Turns out Kiwi isn't real. She is whatever the kids screwing around with Best Buy's 3DS demo kiosk want her to be. Today she was Hannah. And apparently that confuses StreetPass Mii Plaza, because now I have two Miis in there from this demo kiosk.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bibamatt said:
    " @zudthespud
    Errr, no it won't be able to that. "
    Trust me it would be able to do that, assuming it can tell which way is up... You would need to zero it before you start moving but you could totally draw the path of where it goes. Like I said earlier we do it on race cars to map out tracks. It's a pointless thing really, it is way more work than it's worth but still totally possible.
    Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#62  Edited By Hailinel

Pro Tip:  Walking by the Nintendo of America campus will net you three or four StreetPass hits at minimum.

VirtuaXav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By VirtuaXav

I got my first StreetPass the first day I had my 3DS. It looks like the battery doesn't run out too fast on Standby too.

tracerace11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#64  Edited By tracerace11

Still no StreetPass yet..... I work at a local community college, been to the mall, and to a high school soccer game.... all have netted no passes.  

dibdab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#65  Edited By dibdab

So after a week of taking the DS to work I finally got 5 street passes when I went to the main shopping area (mall).  Only problem I found was that I checked them when I went back to work and when I got home tried to use them in the quest but couldn't.  Slightly annoying as that's the main reason I had the street pass on for.

Haven't checked SF yet to see if any of those people had that active.
    koolaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By koolaid
    @dibdab: Yeah I found out the hard way you have to use the people you meet on the same session that you greet them.  I went to the anamanaguchi concert and that was prime street passing territory.   Didn't use any of them though...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.