Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Nintendo 3DS

Platform »

The Nintendo 3DS is a portable game console produced by Nintendo. The handheld features stereoscopic 3D technology that doesn't require glasses. It was released in Japan on February 26, 2011 and in North America on March 27, 2011.

Tri-Ace Bringing New Dungeon RPG "Beyond the Labyrinth" to 3DS

Contro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Contro

Beyond the Labyrinth 
    Beyond the Labyrinth 

The latest issue of Famitsu magazine reveals a new RPG from Tri-Ace & Konami is due for release on Nintendo's 3DS. Beyond the Labyrinth* is being billed as a "Dungeon RPG for the age" and will feature bright and colourful locations, unlike earlier games in the genre which largely tended to look dull & muddy. Hey, I love them too but it's a fact.

The new game is being directed by Takayuki Suguro* who Produced Valkyrie Profile 2 and Resonance of Fate. It will be published by Konami and produced by Shingo Mukaitouge* who earlier brought both Elebits & Dewy's Adventure to Nintendo's Wii. According to Konami, the game, which is known as Labyrinth no Kanata in Japan, is currently only 60% complete. 

There is no release date and no further details at this point in time.

edit:

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Link 

(*no wiki pages)
    HibikiRush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By HibikiRush

Want.

Scarlet_Rogue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Scarlet_Rogue

That looks way too good to be a 3DS game. Wonder what the final product really looks like.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By xyzygy

I love Tri Ace games so naturally I'd probably love this. Resonance of Fate was my favorite RPG of 2010 too so it's nice to see that connection.

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Aegon

This is going to sound sexist, but just think of ALL THE FUCKING WOMEN that have been shoved in as the protagonists for video games released in the last few years (especially Japan) : I'm not gay, but LESS GIRLS IN MAH VIDJA GAEMS PLZ!!!!! 

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By xyzygy
    @H2Oyea said:
    " This is going to sound sexist, but just think of ALL THE FUCKING WOMEN that have been shoved in as the protagonists for video games released in the last few years (especially Japan) : I'm not gay, but LESS GIRLS IN MAH VIDJA GAEMS PLZ!!!!!  "
    I feel like the guys they would make would just be generic as hell too. Every single male protagonist from JRPGs this gen was TERRIBLE with the exception of Kaim (Lost Odyssey) and MAYBE Capell (Infinite Undiscovery).
    Contro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Contro

It looks pretty awesome imo, I'm getting a slight Ico vibe from it.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#8  Edited By Hailinel
    @Scarlet_Rogue said:
    " That looks way too good to be a 3DS game. Wonder what the final product really looks like. "
    Dude, the 3DS is actually pretty powerful; far more so than the original DS was.
    animateria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By animateria

Wow. I knew that the 3DS had some juice in it since it has SSFIV. But this really looks great.

Don't know the specs but better than the current PSP?
    Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#10  Edited By Hailinel
    @xyzygy said:
    " @H2Oyea said:
    " This is going to sound sexist, but just think of ALL THE FUCKING WOMEN that have been shoved in as the protagonists for video games released in the last few years (especially Japan) : I'm not gay, but LESS GIRLS IN MAH VIDJA GAEMS PLZ!!!!!  "
    I feel like the guys they would make would just be generic as hell too. Every single male protagonist from JRPGs this gen was TERRIBLE with the exception of Kaim (Lost Odyssey) and MAYBE Capell (Infinite Undiscovery). "
    Nier?
    Avatar image for themustachehero
    TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By TheMustacheHero

No Caption Provided
    xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By xyzygy
    @Hailinel said:

" @xyzygy said:

" @H2Oyea said:
    I feel like the guys they would make would just be generic as hell too. Every single male protagonist from JRPGs this gen was TERRIBLE with the exception of Kaim (Lost Odyssey) and MAYBE Capell (Infinite Undiscovery). "
    Nier? "
    Oh fuck yes. He's better than the two I mentioned. Thanks for pointing that out.

@animateria said:
    " Wow. I knew that the 3DS had some juice in it since it has SSFIV. But this really looks great.

Don't know the specs but better than the current PSP?
    "
    Definitely better. Have you seen footage of SSF4?
    Contro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Contro
    @Scarlet_Rogue said:

" That looks way too good to be a 3DS game. Wonder what the final product really looks like. "

I've already played two games with better graphics than these, Resident Evil: Revelations and Mercenaries 3D.

The 3DS has awesome texture ability, even though it's two PICA's are running conservatively. It will only get better if and when Nintendo decide to increase their speed via a Firmware update.    

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.