Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Nintendo 3DS

Platform »

The Nintendo 3DS is a portable game console produced by Nintendo. The handheld features stereoscopic 3D technology that doesn't require glasses. It was released in Japan on February 26, 2011 and in North America on March 27, 2011.

Unboxing

tansuikabutsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Edited By tansuikabutsu

Last week I spent a day at Tokyo Disneyland, the first time I've been to a Disney park in a while. Like some of the other Disney parks, they're taking advantage of Michael Jackson's death to revive the Captain EO attraction, and so I stood in a 50 minute line to watch horrible, horrible '80s dialogue and music in 3D. I've never seen EO before - my first time at a Disney park was a long time ago, back in '96. I was on a family trip to the US, my first time in the country at the already ancient age of 18, but Michael Jackson already moved to make room for Rick Moranis in the Honey I Shrunk the Kids 3D attraction. That was also the first time I've seen a 3D movie, and I remember being very, very impressed. 

And now, 15 years later, mere days after experiencing the best in '80s 3D technology, I now hold a little glasses-free 3D screen in my hands. And it looks just as good. I got up early this morning, picked up my preorder documents and headed to the local Bic Camera. I got there before opening time but they already had a stand outside for picking up the console, so I had one in my hands 5 minutes later. No lines here - it seems like they didn't have any machines to sell to anyone who didn't ordered ahead a month ago at all. 

So -- since this is the first time in my life that I had the chance to buy cool new technology on launch day, I thought I'd do what all the cool kids do and shoot an unboxing video. It's extremely unprofessional, and I apologize profoundly for my bad English accent. But that's what I have, and I've come to terms with it. I'll probably write up detailed impressions after I played with it for a few hours. For now, enjoy this video... 

tansuikabutsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By tansuikabutsu

Last week I spent a day at Tokyo Disneyland, the first time I've been to a Disney park in a while. Like some of the other Disney parks, they're taking advantage of Michael Jackson's death to revive the Captain EO attraction, and so I stood in a 50 minute line to watch horrible, horrible '80s dialogue and music in 3D. I've never seen EO before - my first time at a Disney park was a long time ago, back in '96. I was on a family trip to the US, my first time in the country at the already ancient age of 18, but Michael Jackson already moved to make room for Rick Moranis in the Honey I Shrunk the Kids 3D attraction. That was also the first time I've seen a 3D movie, and I remember being very, very impressed. 

And now, 15 years later, mere days after experiencing the best in '80s 3D technology, I now hold a little glasses-free 3D screen in my hands. And it looks just as good. I got up early this morning, picked up my preorder documents and headed to the local Bic Camera. I got there before opening time but they already had a stand outside for picking up the console, so I had one in my hands 5 minutes later. No lines here - it seems like they didn't have any machines to sell to anyone who didn't ordered ahead a month ago at all. 

So -- since this is the first time in my life that I had the chance to buy cool new technology on launch day, I thought I'd do what all the cool kids do and shoot an unboxing video. It's extremely unprofessional, and I apologize profoundly for my bad English accent. But that's what I have, and I've come to terms with it. I'll probably write up detailed impressions after I played with it for a few hours. For now, enjoy this video... 

PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By PeasantAbuse

Nice man, so the 3D works well?
    mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By mutha3

Thanks for posting this duder.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4  Edited By JJOR64

God dammit...  Us Americans still have to wait another month.  I'm so jealous.     :P

Will look forward to your impressions post.

bed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 24

#5  Edited By bed

kick ass. thank you for sharing! 

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By McGhee

Great video. I'd be interested to hear what you think about the 3D after you play it for a while.

Kjellm87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Kjellm87

Lucky,
    I hope you like it

weltal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By weltal

Looks shiny and new. Looking forward to some impressions.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9  Edited By Animasta

You're accent really isn't that bad :) looks awesome, definitely waiting for some IMPRESSIONS

sameeeeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By sameeeeam
    @AjayRaz said:
    " kick ass. thank you for sharing!  "
    thehexeditor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By thehexeditor

ありがとう

wolf_blitzer85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#12  Edited By wolf_blitzer85

Okay so it's official that Nintendogs knows how to correctly present an otherwise somewhat undesirable eco-case. 

Just think what the 3DS Lite is going to look like. Fucking twice as shiny.

WatanabeKazuma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13  Edited By WatanabeKazuma

There is something strangely appealing about an unboxing of a new console, so exciting!

Ah the 3DS, yet another piece of hardware that an MGS game will be appearing on thus forcing me to buy it, ha!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.