Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Nintendo 3DS

Platform »

The Nintendo 3DS is a portable game console produced by Nintendo. The handheld features stereoscopic 3D technology that doesn't require glasses. It was released in Japan on February 26, 2011 and in North America on March 27, 2011.

Uncertain Future for Bonk & Bomberman 3DS

Contro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Contro

No Caption Provided
    The release list in the latest issue of Famitsu Magazine suggests that a few 3DS titles by Hudson may have been cancelled. According to Andriasang, reports from Japan suggest that at least three games for the 3DS are no longer on the list, due to the acquisition of Hudson by Nagoya based Konami. These titles are Omega Five, Bonk 3DS and Bomberman 3DS. With Konami due to gain full subsidiary rights from next month, these titles may well make a re-surface sometime down the line, so fans should retain some hope. At the very least, Bomberman and Bonk should hold some sway with the companies new owners.   

I should point out that TG16 games are due to be available on the 3DS's Virtual Console, so fans of the original Bonk & Bomberman games can expect to see them all appear as they've done on the Wii's service.
    keyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By keyhunter

I wouldn't mind some bomberman 93'. But if it's just going to be released as a VC game, meaning no updates, and no online multiplayer then I'm gonna have to pass on it.

Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Doctorchimp

Fuck Bloody Roar.

Contro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Contro
    @keyhunter said:
    " I wouldn't mind some bomberman 93'. But if it's just going to be released as a VC game, meaning no updates, and no online multiplayer then I'm gonna have to pass on it. "

Sure, if they can't offer MP support via WiFi, it would be pretty pointless. The Wii's Virtual Console version offers full local MP for up to 5 players.
    Skald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By Skald
    No Caption Provided
    There's already too many Bomberman games anyway, and they're all fundamentally the same.
    Contro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Contro
    @extremeradical said:

"

No Caption Provided
    There's already too many Bomberman games anyway, and they're all fundamentally the same. "

At the core yes, but recent games like Bomberman Blast have introduced a plethora of new features.The core should always stay the same, everything around it should evolve. The sad fact is that latter games haven't lived up to the quality of older games, namely games like Saturn Bomberman,  

It's sad that we can't we have this incredible 10 Player MP game online in this day and age, the fact that we don't is damning with the technology we have now. 

shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By shirogane
    @Contro said:
    "

@extremeradical said:

"

No Caption Provided

There's already too many Bomberman games anyway, and they're all fundamentally the same.

"

At the core yes, but recent games like Bomberman Blast have introduced a plethora of new features.The core should always stay the same, everything around it should evolve. The sad fact is that latter games haven't lived up to the quality of older games, namely games like Saturn Bomberman,  

It's sad that we can't we have this incredible 10 Player MP game online in this day and age, the fact that we don't is damning with the technology we have now. 

"

Only 10? Bomberman Battlefield please! 64 player Bombing fun! 

Actually, maybe i should go make that...
    Contro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Contro
    @Shirogane said:

" @Contro said:

"

@extremeradical

said:

"

No Caption Provided

"

"
    Only 10? Bomberman Battlefield please! 64 player Bombing fun!  Actually, maybe i should go make that... "

if you scale things up too large, sometimes aspects fail to work as well as they once did. But you should still give it a go, experimentation is good ;) 
    Contro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Contro

Yet more uncertainty, two senior Husdon designers have threatened to leave the company if Konami get on their backs.   Akira Sakuma and illustrator Takayuki Doi both agreed that they'd leave Hudson if Konami stepped in and made significant changes to franchise content and the development team. 

Currently there hasn't been any requests from Konami. 

I haven't received these types of requests from Konami. But I believe Konami has its own way of doing things. I want to adopt the good things, and intend to follow if I can. However, next summer, I turn 60. At this age, I can't make dramatic changes, and it's about time that I begin to enter the settling down part of life.

http://www.andriasang.com//e/blog/2011/03/27/momotaro_dentetsu_retire/

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.