Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Nintendo 3DS

Platform »

The Nintendo 3DS is a portable game console produced by Nintendo. The handheld features stereoscopic 3D technology that doesn't require glasses. It was released in Japan on February 26, 2011 and in North America on March 27, 2011.

what 3ds game do i play next?

Luca717

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll what 3ds game do i play next? (48 votes)

Ocarina of time 3D 54%
    Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate 17%
    Super Smash Bros. 2%
    Mario Kart 7 6%
    Bravely Default 25%

FINALLY got around to finishing some games on my 3DS XL (Pokemon x, monster hunter 3U, fire emblem, steam-world dig) and want to grab something new for the train to school.

current budget allows for one game at the moment and i want to get some suggestions. if anything is on the poll that's not released yet, i'm open to waiting. also, I've never played a Zelda game before, so that's why i have ocarina on here

• 
    VeggiesBro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd say Ocarina of Time if only because you've never played a Zelda game before. And it's a great one. Another way to look at this, is which do you think you'd get the most bang for your buck?

noboners

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Monster Hunter will probably be great, but if you just "finished" 3 I don't know how much 4 will change. And if you need to ask if you should get more Mario Kart or Smash Bros, you probably don't actually want those. Bravely Default is pretty good and will last you forever and a half but I'd say you should get Ocarina just due to never playing it. Plus it comes with the Master Quest, which is a great new game plus scenario with harder dungeons.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#3  Edited By BeachThunder

I bet you could spend your budget on all of the Picross e games.

Also, if you've never played a Zelda game - you could get Zelda 1, Adventure of Link, Link's Awakening, Oracle of Ages, and Oracle of Seasons.

Luca717

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noboners: yea, i was never into the smash bros or Mario kart but every where i go, and every street pass i get, thats all people play. and i know i should have put finished MH3 but i got to the 5 star quests and killed the box art monster. i felt like i got more then my fix of that game for my first time. it just doesn't end, there's too much stuff lol i feel like i need to study before i play it

doctordonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

If you are cost-conscious, Monster Hunter 4U is the obvious choice here. At the same time, if you've never played Ocarina of Time before, that shit will leave an impression. However, I have no idea what someone who has never played a Zelda game before would think about ocarina of time, seeing as how it's mechanics are identical to the 1998 release, as solid as they may be, it's an old ass game. I would almost say to get LoZ: A Link Between Worlds before you play Ocarina.

dusker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

If you are cost-conscious, Monster Hunter 4U is the obvious choice here. At the same time, if you've never played Ocarina of Time before, that shit will leave an impression. However, I have no idea what someone who has never played a Zelda game before would think about ocarina of time, seeing as how it's mechanics are identical to the 1998 release, as solid as they may be, it's an old ass game. I would almost say to get LoZ: A Link Between Worlds before you play Ocarina.

+1 to playing A Link Between Worlds first if that's possible. It's a smart semi-sequel to OoT's predecessor, A Link to the Past (which is a great game in its own right).

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

Can't go wrong with Ocarina of Time 3D.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By mosespippy

I voted Bravely Default because it's the only one in the poll that isn't another entry in a long running franchise. I'd like to reward publishers for starting new franchises.

whur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm a sucker for monster hunter's skinner box so I've been playing the japanese version of mh4u and it's pretty awesome. If you're into monster hunter it's a for sure buy, but either zelda game would probably fit your fancy better looking at the list of rpg's you've already played.

briguyd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Add me to the Link Between Worlds list. That game rules. I never was able to get super into a Zelda game before I played ALBW.

Avatar image for oscar__explosion
    Oscar__Explosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Bravely Default.

Avatar image for clairvoyantvibrations
    ClairvoyantVibrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

The only game on that list I've played is Ocarina so I have to go with that by default. It's a great game.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

Can I recommend something off the list? Give Etrian Odyssey IV a shot. I'm playing through it right now and it's fantastic. It's got the feel of an old school first person dungeon crawler with some really easy-to-understand systems and a nicely customizable party system.

telliot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By telliot

I'd play Ocarina as it still holds up really well. However unless you buy it digitally prepare to pay a fair bit more than usual. For some reason that game has been impossible to find physically for less than 50 or 60 dollars as of late. Not sure what drove it up but if you get it on the eShop it shouldn't be a problem.

Luca717

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ended up going with Ocarina, and bravely default demo. going to try and get through them. THE 3DS lineup is great. i havent bought a new gen console because these handheld games (imo) are better. plus everything is on pc now a days... for the most part

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.