Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Nintendo 3DS

Platform »

The Nintendo 3DS is a portable game console produced by Nintendo. The handheld features stereoscopic 3D technology that doesn't require glasses. It was released in Japan on February 26, 2011 and in North America on March 27, 2011.

Which DS should i buy?

Soviet666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Soviet666

I was considering purchase of a new DS for christmas :). I was never really into handhelds, so my question is: which one should i buy? The old one? The new one? Lite? Or maybe the next year one? Shoul I even care about the 3D one? Do they have backward capability?

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By FancySoapsMan

The cheapest one you can find.

The 3ds won't be out for christmas btw

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By xyzygy

Wait for the 3DS, it has backwards compatibility with DS games plus you'll be able to enjoy the new games that come out for it while having access to the DS library.

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By RE_Player1

Wait for the 3DS. The 3DS is backward compatible so you could play all the DS games you want. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.