Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Nintendo 3DS

Platform »

The Nintendo 3DS is a portable game console produced by Nintendo. The handheld features stereoscopic 3D technology that doesn't require glasses. It was released in Japan on February 26, 2011 and in North America on March 27, 2011.

Would you like to buy a Microwaved 3DS XL, well too late!

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#1  Edited By Hizang

This may be a little late, but I just found out somebody microwaved a 3DS XL, put it on eBay and then somebody paid $2,241.00 for it. It's such an weird thing, but hey, the internet right, The guy also videoed himself doing this, its just crazy. I don't understand why you would pay way over the original price for a handheld that doesn't work. Whats more weird is that he included everything else in the box.

He signed it and dated it..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150882695999

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#3  Edited By Bollard

@Kidavenger: Was there? I didn't see it. This is pretty Youtube spammy but eh.

Also what in the actual fuck, who would play $2200 for this? The video quality is ass and this guy sounds like a douche.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Hizang

@Kidavenger: Alright video gone, I didn't need thing thing anyway, because there is an actual topic here. But hey whatever.

SexyToad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By SexyToad

But I wanted to see the video :(

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Hizang

@SexyToad: The video is at the bottom of the eBay page :)

SexyToad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By SexyToad

It was pretty entertaining seeing that 3ds in the microwave.

thebunnyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By thebunnyhunter

Weird what some people consider art

Akyho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Akyho

@Kidavenger said:

http://www.giantbomb.com/forums/general-discussion/30/please-read-the-u-toob-spam-stops-now/271975/#152

So what exactly is the issue, who is to blame?

• The biggest culprit for these spam topics we've noticed are what we have affectionately dubbed 'youtube spammers' who find a random youtube video, embed it into a topic and expect discussion to come from it. When they haven't even bothered to provide adequate original commentary to inspire productive discussion value to their topic.
    • Generally we consider a topic 'youtube spam' when it consists of an embedded video accompanied by a short comment along the lines of "LOL look what I found guyz, isn't this funny? HAHAHA!" or something similar.

How do I know if the youtube video I want to make a topic about will be considered spam or not?

• It really depends on two things - the content of the video, and the quality of the written commentary you intend to post with it.
    • Any and all content you post, upload or create on the site must always be within our rules and guidelines. These can be found within the forum rules topic.
    • Usually one or two well written and decent sized paragraphs to go along with the video should be enough for it to not be considered spam. If you feel you cannot write that reasonable and adequate amount of original commentary on the video to inspire discussion value in your topic, then chances are you shouldn't make the topic.
    • If you are an existing member of our community and put together a video about a game and attach it to the correct forum, this is probably fine to share as long as it doesn't get out of hand.

Yeah...this topic dosnt fit that description of spam, in fact it fits the description of a proper topic with a youtube video..

you are fine to have the video up.

RazielCuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By RazielCuts

@thebunnyhunter said:

Weird what some people consider art

Weird what some people consider youtube spam, think its a bit alarmist for @Kidavenger: to call it that.

Anyway on topic, started watching the video on the ebay page...that guy is high/dumb as fuck, and those burnt plastic fumes probably didn't help his brain cells any.

css_switchfoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By css_switchfoot

back to the topic,

you have to read his QA section

http://contact.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ShowAllQuestions&iid;=150882695999&requested;=perfectlymadebirds&redirect;=0&frm;=2047675&ShowASQAlways;=1&ssPageName;=PageAskSellerQuestion_VI

here's a few gems:

Q: Why would I waste $2k on this item when I could purchase my own microwave and 3DS XL for way cheaper? I'm unable to follow any sort of logical reasoning behind this eBay listing. Aug-21-12
    A: Thankyou for your question. Unfortunately if you did that it would be nothing more than a knock-off of the original I am selling and knock offs are just knock offs which are just cheap imitations. You are better off just investing into the original microwaved 3DS XL Because it's professionally microwaved the proper microwaving way and its a wise investment in my opinion. I hope this helps awnser your question.

Q: why don't you try microwaving your head ( could not make you any uglier ) Aug-30-12
    A: smokin_weed, This is difficult request to achieve because trying to close the door with my head inside the microwave and still operate the microwave is impossible.

had a good laugh

SexyToad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By SexyToad

Someone else asked:

Q: How big is your pp.

A: cycoys, Please eleborate on your question so I can give you a more aurate awnser. Thankyou. Aug 30, 2012

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.