I just bought an N64, what games should I buy?

  • 65 results
  • 1
  • 2
#51 Posted by DeF (4979 posts) -

@Akyho said:

If you like Metal Gear solid. If you like Resi 4 then the one game that mashes alot of the two together is.

A fun Multiplayer game. Atleast with my friends.

I had linked to the Giantbomb page...except no one has made a Operation Winback page...not even for the ps2 version.

that's because the game is called WinBack: Covert Operations in USA-land.

#52 Edited by Akyho (1700 posts) -

@DeF said:

that's because the game is called WinBack: Covert Operations in USA-land.

Goddamn you crazy yanks!

Dont worry, I am just glad yous went with Xcom: Enemy Unknown instead of the old rename America had which was Xcom: UFO Defense.

Conkers Bad Fur Day?

I recently played the updated xbox 1 version. Its a good game....for its time? I am not a fan of Platformers and well I played 5 hours of it befor giving up by sitting back and going "Is there more? I cant be bothered to find out."

Other people love it.....so go with them?

#53 Posted by DeF (4979 posts) -

@Akyho said:

Conkers Bad Fur Day?

I recently played the updated xbox 1 version. Its a good game....for its time? I am not a fan of Platformers and well I played 5 hours of it befor giving up by sitting back and going "Is there more? I cant be bothered to find out."

Other people love it.....so go with them?

I haven't touched the singleplayer myself. I was strictly talking about the multiplayer. The framerate was horrible but I find the utter ridiculousness of everything else made up for it. This reached a hole new level of insanity for me.

Besides, I have read a few times that the Xbox 1 remake of the game was a) censored and b) not as good somehow. Not sure why exactly.

#54 Posted by Akyho (1700 posts) -

@DeF said:

I haven't touched the singleplayer myself. I was strictly talking about the multiplayer. The framerate was horrible but I find the utter ridiculousness of everything else made up for it. This reached a hole new level of insanity for me.

Besides, I have read a few times that the Xbox 1 remake of the game was a) censored and b) not as good somehow. Not sure why exactly.

Oh shoot. I didnt notice you suggested it. I simply wanted to add a new suggestion. My question mark was of "Well I cant recall any other N64 games that havnt been said already."

The xbox version IS censored which does annoy me. It changes a few small things, however its pretty faithful to the original. However its 10 years on and just dont feel the jokes and delivery hold up.

I get the jokes...I just dont laugh too much. I watched the ending on youtube and it realy felt outdated.

HOWEVER hundreds of people still love it. Cant be THAT bad.

#55 Edited by liquidfkinfire (65 posts) -
#56 Posted by NoobSauceG7 (1259 posts) -

Banjo kazooie and tooie

DK 64

Paper Mario

Yoshi's Story

Super Smash Bros

Pokemon Stadium 1 or 2

I am sure more will come to mind later but those are some great games!

#57 Posted by Nightriff (5369 posts) -

@Subject2Change: Mario Party games are great on the 64 but buy extra controllers then, those games FUCK them up

#59 Posted by Klei (1768 posts) -

@Akyho said:

If you like Metal Gear solid. If you like Resi 4 then the one game that mashes alot of the two together is.

A fun Multiplayer game. Atleast with my friends.

I had linked to the Giantbomb page...except no one has made a Operation Winback page...not even for the ps2 version.

This game brings back such bad memories. I had an accident that left me half deaf. My right ear, although physically intact, now cannot hear anything. And this happened the same week-end that I rented this game.

#60 Posted by MonetaryDread (2183 posts) -

@Akyho said:

If you like Metal Gear solid. If you like Resi 4 then the one game that mashes alot of the two together is.

A fun Multiplayer game. Atleast with my friends.

I had linked to the Giantbomb page...except no one has made a Operation Winback page...not even for the ps2 version.

I remember reading a magazine articles about this game where the developers were pimping the fact that the characters had rounded knees.

Fun fact, this is the first shooter that had a stop and pop cover system.

#61 Posted by TheKramer89 (423 posts) -

@csl316 said:

Smash Bros. on 64 is still my favorite in the series.

Fuckin' A it is.

#62 Posted by C0V3RT (1380 posts) -
#63 Posted by DelroyLindo (387 posts) -

@Dagbiker said:

Jet Fucken Force Gemini

me and a mate played that last week. it has not aged well

#64 Posted by Neurotic (632 posts) -

Pokemon Snap and Super Smash Bros.

All you will ever need (maybe).

#65 Posted by DeF (4979 posts) -

@Intelligent_Space_Man: Shadows of the Empire is only worth it for the first level (Hoth). The rest of the game is pretty trashy. I couldn't stand the third person parts.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.