Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Nintendo 64

Platform »

The successor to the SNES was Nintendo's entry in the fifth home console generation, as well as the company's first system designed specifically to handle polygonal 3D graphics.

Official Nintendo Forums top 100 N64 games list: anyone got it?

BitterAlmond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By BitterAlmond

Back when Nintendo had official forums linked from their website (they were taken down something like five years ago), the N64 board had a stickied topic, in which everyone who cared to posted their top 10 N64 games, which were each assigned points and then arranged on a big top 100 list. Though the list was a bit heavy on the classics (Ocarina got first place, if I remember correctly), it was the best top 100 list I've ever seen because so many people weighed in.

My question to you Bombers is this: did anyone from the old Nintendo forums back up that list? I heard rumour when the forums shut down that another site had copied all the old content over and continued essentially where the Official Forums left off. Does that site still exist?

awadnin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Avatar image for deactivated-6204297b0c601
    deactivated-6204297b0c601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 6

That's a cool idea, and great that they could get so much input on it, but there were only like 300 N64 games released outside Japan. You have to figure the quality starts to drop off pretty quickly as you get down the list of the top 100.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.