Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Nintendo DS

Platform »

The Nintendo DS is a handheld featuring two screens, one of which is a resistive touchscreen. Four different models are available: the original DS, the DS Lite, the DSi, the DSi XL.

1st Blog - Buying a DS

Biohazard237

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By Biohazard237

Hey Giantbomb, I'm Jake, but you can call me Biohazard if you want.  Anyway, I got payed quite a bit from a temporary part time job I had recently, and I'm going to use the extra money to buy a DS Lite. 

I used to have a DS.  Three actually.  Not very durable machines.  I had the original fat DS, but it got stolen.  After that I bought a DS Lite, but the hinge and three buttons stopped working, so I replaced it with another DS lite.  I somehow lost that one (no idea how though).  It's been over a year since Ive played a DS, but there's a few games that I really want to play. 

But first, here's why I'm not getting a DSi (feel free to prove me wrong though).  I've never played one, but here's what I've heard: 
    1- The battery life is hours shorter 
    2- GBA Games > DSiWare 
    3- Camera sucks

4- It costs too much more to be worth it. 

Anyway, here's some of the games I'm getting, but it would be great if you could tell me your reccomendations. 
    1- Animal Crossing: Wild World - Definitely not a game for everyone.  I've played the hell out of this and I loved it.  Something about it is just so entertaining. 
    2- Pokemon Heartgold - My friend is actually giving me this one.  He got a little too hyped about it and ended up preordering both versions of the game.  He likes SoulSilver more, so he's giving me the other one.  Not sure how I feel about the Pokewalker.  Probably not something I should bring into my high school. 
    3- Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story - I've played both Superstar Saga and Partners in Time, as well as all of the Paper Mario series, so I know that the developers know how to make a good mario RPG.  I loved Partners in Time, and the helpful Quick Look here on Giantbomb only reassured me. 

I would also get The World Ends With You, but I way overplayed that game, loved the story and all, but after you beat a game like that, even with all of the interesting bonus content after the ending (i.e. secret reports), there's really no reason to get it again. 

Also, a side note about handheld systems, 
    Not to start a console war or anything, but I decided a long time ago not to get another PSP.  I had one, but I never really used it.  Some of the games for it were really good, like Crisis Core, but the thing is, there were so few games, and I really do not like playing shooters on handhelds.  IMO, shooters belong on either consoles or PC, but not on handhelds.  It just doesn't seem to work right.  
    I ended up giving my PSP to my friend.  He's having lots of fun with DoA: Paradise (lol). 

Anyway, thanks for reading my first blog, and please post any other good games I should get.

Biohazard237

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Biohazard237

Hey Giantbomb, I'm Jake, but you can call me Biohazard if you want.  Anyway, I got payed quite a bit from a temporary part time job I had recently, and I'm going to use the extra money to buy a DS Lite. 

I used to have a DS.  Three actually.  Not very durable machines.  I had the original fat DS, but it got stolen.  After that I bought a DS Lite, but the hinge and three buttons stopped working, so I replaced it with another DS lite.  I somehow lost that one (no idea how though).  It's been over a year since Ive played a DS, but there's a few games that I really want to play. 

But first, here's why I'm not getting a DSi (feel free to prove me wrong though).  I've never played one, but here's what I've heard: 
    1- The battery life is hours shorter 
    2- GBA Games > DSiWare 
    3- Camera sucks

4- It costs too much more to be worth it. 

Anyway, here's some of the games I'm getting, but it would be great if you could tell me your reccomendations. 
    1- Animal Crossing: Wild World - Definitely not a game for everyone.  I've played the hell out of this and I loved it.  Something about it is just so entertaining. 
    2- Pokemon Heartgold - My friend is actually giving me this one.  He got a little too hyped about it and ended up preordering both versions of the game.  He likes SoulSilver more, so he's giving me the other one.  Not sure how I feel about the Pokewalker.  Probably not something I should bring into my high school. 
    3- Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story - I've played both Superstar Saga and Partners in Time, as well as all of the Paper Mario series, so I know that the developers know how to make a good mario RPG.  I loved Partners in Time, and the helpful Quick Look here on Giantbomb only reassured me. 

I would also get The World Ends With You, but I way overplayed that game, loved the story and all, but after you beat a game like that, even with all of the interesting bonus content after the ending (i.e. secret reports), there's really no reason to get it again. 

Also, a side note about handheld systems, 
    Not to start a console war or anything, but I decided a long time ago not to get another PSP.  I had one, but I never really used it.  Some of the games for it were really good, like Crisis Core, but the thing is, there were so few games, and I really do not like playing shooters on handhelds.  IMO, shooters belong on either consoles or PC, but not on handhelds.  It just doesn't seem to work right.  
    I ended up giving my PSP to my friend.  He's having lots of fun with DoA: Paradise (lol). 

Anyway, thanks for reading my first blog, and please post any other good games I should get.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#2  Edited By AgentJ
    Biohazard237

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Biohazard237

Thanks for the list, AgentJ, I'll be sure to look into some of those games

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.