Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Nintendo DS

Platform »

The Nintendo DS is a handheld featuring two screens, one of which is a resistive touchscreen. Four different models are available: the original DS, the DS Lite, the DSi, the DSi XL.

About Pokemon Black and White.... should I wait for Gray or get

rubsnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By rubsnick

I'm a pretty good pokemon fan but I don't mind waiting for the superior version. As we can see Red and Blue had Yellow, Gold silver had Crystal, ruby sapphire had emerald and Diamond and Pearl had Platinum.

Now I played Blue,Gold,Ruby and Platinum. See the different I kind of out grew pokemon (lost insterest) but I waited for platinum and by God it's probably one of my favorite. It's right up there with HeartGold. (probably tied) and while the new pokemon looks like an awesome reboot I think I can wait a year for the third pillar. Thing is I don't want to play White/Black and then Play gray cuz it won't be as "amazing" I won't be as appreciative ya know? I'll rate it lower in my mind. I have one question tough, can you capture both legendaries on one game? I've been googling and keep getting conflicting answers....

Anyways point being waiting I don't mind since I have crap load of games in my backlog. Not a big issue but well I'm not sure if I should wait or not... so any advice would be great. What are you guys doing? Waiting or what?

animateria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By animateria

Well.... 

By, April 10th you can download a pass to gain access to an area to get Victini, a legendary Pokemon for B/W. 

Won't be surprised if they did it for grey or whatever again. But yeah, that's one reason to get B/W I guess.

blueduck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By blueduck

I would wait for Gray only if it came with an exclusive Boredom type pokemon!

matt_f606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By matt_f606

I would be cool if grey was a 3DS title.

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#5  Edited By Icemael

Think of it this way: to justify a 1-2 year wait, the changes in Gray would have to be amazing enough that they'd make for a fresh, awesome experience even if you've already played Black or White.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#6  Edited By JJWeatherman
    @trickshot606 said:
    " I would be cool if grey was a 3DS title. "
    Yes. Some of the camera angles in this game could make that incredible.
    Mr_Skeleton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#7  Edited By Mr_Skeleton
    @trickshot606 said:
    "I would be cool if grey was a 3DS title. "

It would but I think Nintendo thinks it would be cooler if it wasn't and then they could realese another three games for the 3DS.
    JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#8  Edited By JJWeatherman
    @Mr_Skeleton said:
    " @trickshot606 said:
    It would but I think Nintendo thinks it would be cooler if it wasn't and then they could realese another three games for the 3DS. "
    You're probably right. Plus that would actually be super weird if one game of the same generation is on another platform. Everything they're doing graphically in BW is promising for the inevitable future 3DS games.
    Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#9  Edited By Enigma777
    @JJWeatherman said:
    " @Mr_Skeleton said:
    " @trickshot606 said:
    It would but I think Nintendo thinks it would be cooler if it wasn't and then they could realese another three games for the 3DS. "
    You're probably right. Plus that would actually be super weird if one game of the same generation is on another platform. Everything they're doing graphically in BW is promising for the inevitable future 3DS games. "
    When the DS launched there was a bunch of GBA/DS games that ran on both platforms with a slight enhancement for the DS version so it's possible. Of the top off my head I can think of Scurge Hive and one of the Megaman Network games.
    H_U_R_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By H_U_R_D
    @rubsnick said:
    "  I'm a pretty good pokemon fan but I don't mind waiting for the superior version. As we can see Red and Blue had Yellow, Gold silver had Crystal, ruby sapphire had emerald and Diamond and Pearl had Platinum.Now I played Blue,Gold,Ruby and Platinum. See the different I kind of out grew pokemon (lost insterest) but I waited for platinum and by God it's probably one of my favorite. It's right up there with HeartGold. (probably tied) and while the new pokemon looks like an awesome reboot I think I can wait a year for the third pillar. Thing is I don't want to play White/Black and then Play gray cuz it won't be as "amazing" I won't be as appreciative ya know? I'll rate it lower in my mind. I have one question tough, can you capture both legendaries on one game? I've been googling and keep getting conflicting answers....Anyways point being waiting I don't mind since I have crap load of games in my backlog. Not a big issue but well I'm not sure if I should wait or not... so any advice would be great. What are you guys doing? Waiting or what? "
    i had the same concerns 
    i believe, however, that i will wait for Grey/Gray...since i skipped Ruby/Sapphire and went straight to Emerald...and it was the best out of the three, so i have been told
    Skald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#11  Edited By Skald

The relatively minor differences probably aren't worth waiting for, especially if you want Pokemon right now.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.