Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Nintendo DS

Platform »

The Nintendo DS is a handheld featuring two screens, one of which is a resistive touchscreen. Four different models are available: the original DS, the DS Lite, the DSi, the DSi XL.

And do you take this DS chara to be your lawfully wedded wife?

• 59 results
    Coombs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#51  Edited By Coombs
    @oldschool said:

" @Coombs said:

" @oldschool said:

" @Linkyshinks said:

" @Rallier:   Oh. My. God. That device makes me feel queasy just looking at it, lol. "

Exactly.  Where will technology and sex end? "

Thats where it will end. "

If I could find a video of Woody Allen's 1973 cult classic, Sleepers, then I would show you The Orgasmatron.  Hilarious film btw. "

Not great but the best I could find  
    PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#52  Edited By PureRok

Isn't this old news? I heard about this months ago.

Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By Godwind
    @Symphony said:
    " @Cadmus said:
    " @DanielJW said:
    " @Cadmus said:
    " @DanielJW said:
    " @Cadmus said:
    " Weird, I just read over the article and I don't get it.  If you're a priest, how could you sanction this abomination? "
    Who cares what dude wants to do with his life. "
    Because marriage is a ritual.  It's important and this weird guy is subverting what marriage really is. "
    I don't feel that a dude marrying a DS game undermines marriage. Nobody who gets married is saying, "Gee this would mean a lot more to me had that guy not married a DS." "
    I think it undermines marriage.  The subject is kinda confusing because it depends on what marriage, the ritual, is supposed to do and people are always arguing about that.  Superficially it's usually between a man and a woman, but on a deeper level, it's just supposed to unite the destinies of two individuals for eternity.  That's all it does.  This guy married a phantom at best.  He definitely seems to have undermined marriage imo coming from my definition.  You might say, what do i care?  But marriage isn't entirely a private and personal affair.  If everyone decides what they want marriage to be, marriage as a universal authority or some kind of public figurine or something, a idol, becomes meaningless. "
    I disagree. Marriage is not sacred, the emotions and love that two people share when they decide to spend their lives together is. Marriage is just a way, or a ritual if you will, to convey those emotions. There have been plenty of marriages that did not serve such a purpose -- forced marriages, marriages made out of necessity, two drunk people getting hitched in Vegas, etc. There are plenty of examples where marriage was anything but sacred and this DS fiasco isn't anything different enough to undermine marriage anymore than all of these other things have.  Just ask yourself this -- If marriage was so sacred, why do so many relationships end in divorce?  Nah, marriage isn't sacred. The bond between two people and their commitment to nurture and maintain that bond is what's important. Considering this guy cannot nurture or create such a bond, the whole idea that he "married" it is ridiculous to begin with. He signed some papers that said "marriage license" on them, that's about all it really boils down to. "

Let's get hitched baby.  I want to piss off some people.
    IcySandman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By IcySandman

What happens if the DS breaks/the game glitches and breaks/the game gets discontinued?  I mean will he just simply replace the game or will it be like loosing his wife?

I wonder what the parents thought about it...

Cadmus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#55  Edited By Cadmus
    @Symphony said:
    I disagree. Marriage is not sacred, the emotions and love that two people share when they decide to spend their lives together is. Marriage is just a way, or a ritual if you will, to convey those emotions. There have been plenty of marriages that did not serve such a purpose -- forced marriages, marriages made out of necessity, two drunk people getting hitched in Vegas, etc. There are plenty of examples where marriage was anything but sacred and this DS fiasco isn't anything different enough to undermine marriage anymore than all of these other things have.  Just ask yourself this -- If marriage was so sacred, why do so many relationships end in divorce?  Nah, marriage isn't sacred. The bond between two people and their commitment to nurture and maintain that bond is what's important. Considering this guy cannot nurture or create such a bond, the whole idea that he "married" it is ridiculous to begin with. He signed some papers that said "marriage license" on them, that's about all it really boils down to. "
    I don't know what we're arguing about I think we are both on the same page.  I'll quote you "The bond between two people and their commitment to nurture and maintain that bond is what's important".  Completely agree, if you take what I just quoted as synonymous with the word 'marriage' then I don't understand why you can't understand that marriage is sacred.  Granted, that was more or less why marriage was probably invented/discovered aeons ago (a long with a couple other reasons), and since then, as you listed with your examples, it's been abused and degenerated into yet another institutionalized superstition, but that doesn't mean it's original value doesn't exist today in the individuals that practice marriage as a union between two individuals that is of some extreme importance for them, that I frankly don't understand yet.

I suppose you and I should probably define what the word sacred means.
    Symphony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#56  Edited By Symphony
    @Cadmus said:

" I don't know what we're arguing about I think we are both on the same page.  I'll quote you "The bond between two people and their commitment to nurture and maintain that bond is what's important".  Completely agree, if you take what I just quoted as synonymous with the word 'marriage' then I don't understand why you can't understand that marriage is sacred.  Granted, that was more or less why marriage was probably invented/discovered aeons ago (a long with a couple other reasons), and since then, as you listed with your examples, it's been abused and degenerated into yet another institutionalized superstition, but that doesn't mean it's original value doesn't exist today in the individuals that practice marriage as a union between two individuals that is of some extreme importance for them, that I frankly don't understand yet.  I suppose you and I should probably define what the word sacred means. "

So if you agree that the bond between two people is what is important, how does some lonely guy seeking attention by marrying a DS and getting 15 minutes of fame undermine that bond for anyone? I really don't think it undermines anything other than his own chances to find love in the future.
    apathylad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 7

#57  Edited By apathylad

This news story sounds like some sort marketing stunt or April Fool's joke. Sad thing is, when nongamer's hear this story they're going to think a good portion of us are socially awkward enough to do something like this. -_-'

Cadmus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#58  Edited By Cadmus
    @Symphony said:

So if you agree that the bond between two people is what is important, how does some lonely guy seeking attention by marrying a DS and getting 15 minutes of fame undermine that bond for anyone? I really don't think it undermines anything other than his own chances to find love in the future. "

Because no bonds exist.  He's imagining it.  It's not so much I think the bonds between two people is actually important, but more that, that is just what marriage is, the definition.  In which case,  the union between a man and a DS is a sham, there never was any substance between such a 'relationship', and any such marriage is again, like all those fine examples you previously listed, a 'marriage' done in name only.  That's why I think it undermines marriage.
    Avatar image for outofbounds9000
    OutOfBounds9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 13

#59  Edited By OutOfBounds9000

Feeling in love with a video game character even if they dont exist is normal,but marrying a video game character that does not EXIST?!

Oh my godness.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.