Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Nintendo DS

Platform »

The Nintendo DS is a handheld featuring two screens, one of which is a resistive touchscreen. Four different models are available: the original DS, the DS Lite, the DSi, the DSi XL.

Best of E3 for DS (IGN): Pt 2 - best platform & puzzle.

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By oldschool

This is a 5 part series I have extracted from IGN and their take on the DS at E3.  I have broken it into 5 parts for ease of reading and conversation.  Please read and we can see how our own thoughts match up with theirs.

NINTENDO DS: BEST OF E3

Part 2: PLATFORM & PUZZLE

Best Platforming Game
    Drawn to Life: The Next Chapter

Release date: Fall 2009

If you spent all of your free time at E3 trying to come up with off-the-wall words to stump the Scribblenauts dictionary, that's understandable -- but the luckiest attendees also got to have some hands-on time with 5TH Cell's other upcoming DS project, Drawn to Life: The Next Chapter. A sequel to the popular 2007 project, The Next Chapter goes even more in-depth with the character creation by allowing for non-human heroes, multiple limbs and more. We can't wait to try out our latest sketchpad concepts when the game ships this October.

Runners-Up

Best Puzzle Game
    Scribblenauts

Release date: Winter 2009

With all the things you can conjure up and toy around with in 5th Cell's amazing DS title, it's easy to forget that there's a puzzle game hidden within the creative environment of Scribblenauts. You'll not only spend hours on the stock challenges that the developers created, but you'll have the ability to build your own puzzles and send them around to other Scribblenauts players.

Drawn to Life wins pretty much by default.

Scribblenauts is up against a good series in Professor Layton, but wins out for me on sheer fun.  Thing is, I am a big fan of the harvest moon series, and that is more likely to get my money first.

What are your thoughts?
    RedSox8933

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By RedSox8933

Scribblenauts looks incredible. I really hope that it can do as much as they say that it can do. I think that Harvest Moon: Frantic Farming looks like a bad generic bejewled puzzler. Like, what the bottom screen of Henry Hatsworth was. I'm very excited for Professor Layton, the first one was incredible. I love DS puzzlers, and I really hope that Nintendo brings all or most of the Art Style games to US DSiWare, the first two that came out in the US are definately the best on Nintendo's service right now.

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By oldschool

Scribble certainly has fun written all over it.  As for Harvest Moon, as I said I am a big fan, but their last attempt at puzzle was Puzzle De Harvest Moon - a game not even a fanboy could like.  Maybe I am not so interested in Frantic Farming.  I can hope though.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Linkyshinks

I am very interested in the sequel to Drawn to Life, and the Wii version that's in the works also.

Scribblenauts looks interestingly different, but I don't think it's really my thing. Harvest Moon is always a game I have my eyes on, hopefully this new DS game is all it's cracked out to be.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#5  Edited By AgentJ

Professor Layton will be great, but this is totally Scribblenauts year. You should check out the IGN AU's list of top games at E3. it doesnt discriminate by console, and Scribblenauts picked up the 3 slot!

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By oldschool
    @AgentJ said:
    " Professor Layton will be great, but this is totally Scribblenauts year. You should check out the IGN AU's list of top games at E3. it doesnt discriminate by console, and Scribblenauts picked up the 3 slot! "
    I like how IGA US are doing them all separate though.  It gives you a chance to focus in by console without all the competing stuff.

Oh, and yes, I have the first Professor Layton, but it hasn't been inserted in a DS in the 2 months since I got it.  Yeah, I know, go play it  :-)
    AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#7  Edited By AgentJ
    @oldschool said:
    "
    @AgentJ said:
    " Professor Layton will be great, but this is totally Scribblenauts year. You should check out the IGN AU's list of top games at E3. it doesnt discriminate by console, and Scribblenauts picked up the 3 slot! "
    I like how IGA US are doing them all separate though.  It gives you a chance to focus in by console without all the competing stuff.

Oh, and yes, I have the first Professor Layton, but it hasn't been inserted in a DS in the 2 months since I got it.  Yeah, I know, go play it  :-)
    "
    No, you can get to Layton on your own time. The important thing is popping Phoenix Wright in. That is unacceptable. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.