Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Nintendo DS

Platform »

The Nintendo DS is a handheld featuring two screens, one of which is a resistive touchscreen. Four different models are available: the original DS, the DS Lite, the DSi, the DSi XL.

Capcom Reveal Ghost Trick

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Linkyshinks

As well as a new Okami game on DS, Capcom have also revealed Ghost Trick for the Nintendo DS in the latest issue of Famitsu. Ghost Trick is a mystery adventure starring a character who's just been shot to death. Known as Sisel, he wanders about in soul form, has no memories, and must figure out his live and untimely demise in the few hours he's allowed before he disappears forever.

The DS project is being headed by some important figures in the gaming world - Hironobu Takeshita of Mega Man 9 fame is acting as producer, whilst Shu Takumi, the main writer for Ace Attourney, is filling the director's shoes.

Sisel can move around the timeline surrounding his death, witness events, contact old friends and even the hitman who killed him - how? By possessing objects using the stylus to communicate with the "real" world. 

•  Hironobu Takeshita producing
    • Shu Takumi directing
    • The main character is Sisel, a man that has been shot and killed for no reason
    • Sisel appears in soul form, and it's his task to regain memories to find out how he lived, and why he died the way he did
    •  Sisel can view past events and talk with former friends to try and piece together the situation that lead to his death
    • move Sisel's soul with the stylus, and place it onto other objects to take control of them
    • to be demoed at TGS  

I first thought of this idea about five years ago. We were working on the third Ace Attorney and figured it was time to start thinking about the next thing. So I came up with a plan to make a new type of mystery, something different in style from Ace Attorney. I chose a portable platform because it matches well with the style of my games -- the close range between you and the small screen creates this in-the-game-world effect which I like.

- Shu Takumi in Famitsu. 

Thanks to 1up

masternater27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By masternater27

Sounds really dope and like it has a lot of potential, I'll keep it on my radar for sure.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By JJOR64

Sounds interesting.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#4  Edited By AgentJ

Considering the personel working on it, DS owners like myself have every reason to have high hopes. I'm putting this on the "quality DS list" immediately, under upcoming

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#5  Edited By oldschool
    @AgentJ said:
    " Considering the personel working on it, DS owners like myself have every reason to have high hopes. I'm putting this on the "quality DS list" immediately, under upcoming "
    Very true.  A good pedigree engenders a lot of confidence that we will be looking at a quality product down the line.
    ThomasP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By ThomasP

That's awesome! I love Capcom.

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ryanwho

Linsday Lohan starred in a crappy movie about this once.
    But Patrick Swayze starred in an awesome movie about this once, too.
    So it could go either way.

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By oldschool
    @ryanwho said:
    " Linsday Lohan starred in a crappy movie about this once. But Patrick Swayze starred in an awesome movie about this once, too. So it could go either way. "
    Patrick Swayze and Ghost was just horrible  ^-^ ....... but I can't stand Patrick.  I was made to sit through Dirty Dancing and I haven't recovered from it - HORRIBLE FILM.
    Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Linkyshinks
    @ryanwho said:

" Linsday Lohan starred in a crappy movie about this once. But Patrick Swayze starred in an awesome movie about this once, too. So it could go either way. "

Really, are you sure it 's the same thing?, the names could simply be the same. I get the impression this is a original work by Capcom.

edit;

"Ghost Trick" isn't even on her filmography. Maybe the concept was ripped?, if you're right that is.
    oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By oldschool
    @Linkyshinks said:
    " @ryanwho said:

Really, are you sure it 's the same thing?, the names could simply be the same. I get the impression this is a original work by Capcom.  edit;  "Ghost Trick" isn't even on her filmography. Maybe the concept was ripped?, if you're right that is. "
    I think it is more the term "Ghost" as a generality and used for amusement.
    Bigandtasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By Bigandtasty

Now you too can be Ghost like Swayze.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.