Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Nintendo DS

Platform »

The Nintendo DS is a handheld featuring two screens, one of which is a resistive touchscreen. Four different models are available: the original DS, the DS Lite, the DSi, the DSi XL.

DSy?

marcopolo028

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By marcopolo028

I have never been that big off a nintendo fanboy myself, but like many others enjoy games such as mario. I really got into the Wii until I discovered the glorious beauty that is XBOX 360. I tried the whole PSP thing and that was just a big mistake. There was a lack of games and why play psp when you can play ps3 which also isn't the greatest.

Anyway, I just recently have been researching the DSi because of the upcoming game scribblenauts. The game looks interesting and fun as hell. For this reason I would buy a DS, but obviously that would not be the best reason. Is the DS actually worth a purchase other than that of just an interest in one game? Does it have entertaining games? Is it really 169 dollars worth of fun? or will it just sit and collect dust?

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By Snail

Oooooooo i c wut u did thar.

Reuben

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Reuben

It won't sit and collect dust, I'm sure you'll enjoy the DS quite a bit. Tons of games you most likely haven't heard about.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#4  Edited By AgentJ

People who frequent the DS boards know what i usually do when people post "what to get for the DS" threads. This is one stop shopping.

If you are interested in Scribblenauts, you might like Professor Layton
    My personal picks would be (this is roughly in order):
    The World Ends With You (Perhaps the best RPG of the generation)
    Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (My favorite Castlevania game)
    Elite Beat Agents/ Ouendan (Both games play the same, but Ouendan is the Japanese version with different stories. They are both fantastic rhythm games)
    Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars (I haven't played enough of it to really get a good feel, but what I have played so far is right in line with the 9.0+ reviews it has been getting)
    Advance Wars: Days of Ruin/Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon (Both are great, challenging strategy games, Advance Wars lets you create units while in Fire Emblem characters die for good)
    Jump Ultimate Stars (It's all in Japanese, and it stars Shonen Jump characters (over 100 playable and featuring the likes of Goku, Luffy, Ichigo, and Naruto) but it's a fantastic fighting game)
    Chrono Trigger (Need I say more?)
    Tetris DS (The Best Tetris Money Can Buy)
    Phoenix Wright: Trials and Tribulations (while you should play the two games that come before this one first, this is the best of the trilogy. Who would have thought a court game could be fun?)

stuff to look forward to:
    Golden Sun DS (It will be great. Just trust me)
    Scribblenauts (DUH)
    Pokemon Gold and Silver (before Golden sun was announced, these were my most anticipated DS games)
    Final Fantasy V and VI (everyone knows they are coming)
    Metroid Dread (see FF V and VI above)

Just refer to the link above if you want something more niche. every game up there is quality. 
    oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#5  Edited By oldschool

What Agent J says  :-)

Plus, there are just so many games out there that are very cheap now, that you will have a blast with.  It will be money well spent.

There are just 3 areas of games where you won't get a lot of good value - FPS, Sport and Car Racing.  That isn't to say there is none, just that the good stuff is thin on the ground.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.