Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Nintendo DS

Platform »

The Nintendo DS is a handheld featuring two screens, one of which is a resistive touchscreen. Four different models are available: the original DS, the DS Lite, the DSi, the DSi XL.

EA Japan Unveils Mystery DS Title - Shonen Kininden Tsumuji.

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By oldschool
    (from IGN)
    EA Japan Unveils Mystery DS Title.

Why does this shot remind me of a scene from Star Wars?
    Why does this shot remind me of a scene from Star Wars?
    US, May 1, 2009 - Electronic Arts is pushing the DS not just in the West, but in the East as well, where EA Japan has just announced an original action adventure game for the system. The game is called Shonen Kininden Tsumuji and promises ninja action set in dungeons. 

You take control of Tsumuji, a young ninja in training. One day, a mysterious group of ninjas attacks the mountain retreat of Tsumuji, his family, and his childhood friend Momo. It's up to Tsumuji to save the bunch, making use of a large shuriken known as "Senpuuki." 

Actual gameplay details are scarce, but we know you'll be exploring dungeons and using the stylus to guide Tsumuji in fights against ninja foes. There also appears to be be somewhat of a collection component to the game, as EA says you'll have to gather "secrets" from hidden places, like under floors and behind walls. 

We have a feeling information should be forthcoming on Shonen Kininden Tsumuji shortly, however, as the game has already appeared in playable form. EA showed the game in January at Japan's World Hobby Fair event, but asked the Japanese media to refrain from speaking about it. The title will be reappearing this weekend at a Coro Coro Comics sponsored event at the Suzuka Circuit raceway. This hopefully means official details will follow through the usual Japanese sources like Famitsu. 

For now, we have just one piece of artwork for you. Take a long look, and wonder what a Japanese EA game will be like.

I am pleased to see EA being involved in new stuff that interests me.  They have improved of late.  The only picture does impress me and it has Ninjas.  Ninjas are cool :-)  An English release date would be nice.
    Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Arkthemaniac

There's an EA Japan?

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#3  Edited By oldschool
    Arkthemaniac said:
    "There's an EA Japan?"
    Yeah, who would have thought?  Good to see really.
    c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By c1337us
    Arkthemaniac said:
    "There's an EA Japan?"
    That was my initial reaction too. The game sounds pretty interesting from what little you have said there. Look forward to hearing some more about it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.