Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Nintendo DS

Platform »

The Nintendo DS is a handheld featuring two screens, one of which is a resistive touchscreen. Four different models are available: the original DS, the DS Lite, the DSi, the DSi XL.

First games scores for Kingdom Hearts & Miles Edgeworth :-)

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By oldschool
    Well, the first scores are in on Kingdom Hearts 358/2 days & Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth

and they are good  :-)

Famitsu scores for Kingdom Hearts 358/2 days
    9/9/9/9

Famitsu scores for Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth
    9/9/8/8

This is excellent news.  How excellent?  Depends on much you like the series.  bring them on in English I say  :-)

Who has these games on your wish list?
    Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Linkyshinks

Impressive, I guess it's safe to say they are good games, but these are Famitsu reviews and I never take much notice of them.. I will likely get Kingdom Hearts on import from the US.

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By oldschool
    Linkyshinks said:
    Impressive, I guess it's safe to say they are good games, but these are Famitsu reviews and I never take ... [more]
    So you won't trust the Kizuna score on the Wii, which was about 4/4/5/5?

I have never really taken a lot of notice of Famitsu scores, or any for that matter (just straight numbers I mean).  Why don't you take any notice of them?  Are they not a reasonable guide?
    Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By Red

Meh. I've tried to like Kingdom Hearts, but I couldn't really get into it. I'm also thinking I should finish my other AA games before I play Miles Edgeworth.

I also don't give two craps about what Famitsu thinks. It might be because I'm not Japanese, but I almost always disagree with their scores.
    FF12 is not a perfect game.
    Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Linkyshinks

Yeah, like Red says, they have dished out some highly questionable review scores in the past. They may well be good games, but I will wait for the Western take on them.

Axersia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Axersia

With the notable exception of that perfect score they awarded Nintendogs (that game isn't even good IMO), I almost always do agree with their scores and wouldn't have expected anything less from these games.

I originally planned to import KH 358/2 Days but 65 dollars is about 25 more than I'm willing to spend on a DS game right now so I'll probably just wait it out for US release. I'll pick up Miles Edgeworth when it hits US as well.

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By oldschool
    Axersia said:
    With the notable exception of that perfect score they awarded Nintendogs (that game isn't even good IMO), I almost always ... [more]
    When I am looking at playasia for games, I am usually quite surprised at how much they charge for Japanese versions of games.  When released, they are nearly always $10 - $30 more.  No idea why.  I just buy them later when they are cheap and they do tend to drop a lot in price when they do.
    Axersia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Axersia
    oldschool said:
    Axersia said: With the notable exception of that perfect score they awarded Nintendogs (that game isn't even good IMO), I ... [more]
    That's just what games go for in Japan -- they charge what they can get for it.

Especially Square Enix can be brutal with their "tax". Dragon Quest IX will probably be the most expensive DS game yet with its 70 dollar price tag.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#9  Edited By ArbitraryWater

Hopefully the Edgeworth game will wash out the bad taste caused by Appolo Justice, but unless you know Japanese, importing would be suicide. As for Kingdom Hearts? Meh. Some people like it. I don't

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By oldschool
    Staff said:
    Has been deleted..
    Which one?
    NinjaSquirrel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By NinjaSquirrel
    @oldschool: The kingdom hearts one.
    oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By oldschool
    NinjaSquirrel said:
    @oldschool: The kingdom hearts one.
    I am sure there is an explanation for the Kingdom Heart 358/2 days title, but I don't know.  It doesn't jump out and grab me either.
    Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Linkyshinks

I expect it to be changed for the Western market, time will tell, well E3 will.

Axersia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Axersia
    oldschool said:
    NinjaSquirrel said: @oldschool: The kingdom hearts one. I am sure there is an explanation for the Kingdom Heart 358/2 days ... [more]
    It's supposed to be pronounced "Three-Five-Eight Days over Two," and according to Tetsuya Nomura, you won't fully understand its meaning until you've beaten the game.

There's already a US teaser site so I don't think they'll be changing the title anymore.
    HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By HandsomeDead

I am incredibly excited for Miles Edgeworth and even moreso now.

luce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#16  Edited By luce
    ArbitraryWater said:
    Hopefully the Edgeworth game will wash out the bad taste caused by Appolo Justice, but unless you know Japanese, importing ... [more]
    yeah im gunna be the weirdo here and say that Apollo Justice was my favorite game in the series..
    oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By oldschool
    HandsomeDead said:
    I am incredibly excited for Miles Edgeworth and even moreso now.
    So you're a fan?

I have bought the first 2 Ace Attorney games recently, so maybe I will become a fan as well.
    Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Linkyshinks
    Axersia said:
    oldschool said: NinjaSquirrel said: @oldschool: The kingdom hearts one. I am sure there is an explanation for the Kingdom Heart ... [more]

Perhaps not then, if it ties in with the game closely.  Still, it is a terrible sub title for a game.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By HandsomeDead
    oldschool said:
    HandsomeDead said: I am incredibly excited for Miles Edgeworth and even moreso now. So you're a fan?I have bought the ... [more]
    Yeah. I love the first and third Phoenix Wright games and the best case in all of them, for me anyway, is the Edgeworth centric one in the first game so having more of him is great.
    AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#20  Edited By AgentJ

I'm going to hope for the best from PW, even though im hesitant with the investigation aspects. we'll see when it arrives, but the scores are very promising

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By oldschool
    AgentJ said:
    I'm going to hope for the best from PW, even though im hesitant with the investigation aspects. we'll see when ... [more]
    It has a release date of January 2010

Surprisingly, compared to the usual price of DS games I import, at $30 US, it seems cheap.  A good thing  :-)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.