How do I transfer pictures from my DSi to my computer?

#1 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -

Okay, this is probably a noob question, but I'm kind of technologically retarded. I enjoy using my DSi camera, and would like to be able to put those pictures on my computer, but I don't know how. I understand it can use SD cards, and thought maybe if I bought an SD card for my DSi, then I could put it in my dad's digital camera and transfer them that way, but before I buy an SD card, I want to be sure that will work. Any help you guys can give would be just awesome. I read you can also use your cell phone to do it, but I don't have a cell phone (GADZUKES!), so that's not an option for me. So what do I do guys? Will that work?

#2 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -

Sorry to bump this guys, but if I need to buy an SD card just for my DSi, it'd be cool to know now and I'll get one for Christmas. Can anyone help me out with this?

#3 Edited by aurahack (2270 posts) -

Yes, it'll work. I have an SD card in mine and it's how I transfer stuff. You mark which images you want to transfer to the SD card on the DSi, then it transfers to a "DCIM" folder on your SD card. You can then put it into any kind of SD reader on your computer and they'll be there :o Only bummer is that they're 640x480 or 800x600. I forget which, either one is kind of small but still. The camera isn't the greatest, but it works.

#4 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -

Thanks, buddy. All I needed to know.

#5 Posted by JJOR64 (18992 posts) -

Yep.  I do that with my DSi.  You can copy your images from your DSi to the SD card.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.