How do you guys stop your bottom DS screen from getting scratched

#1 Posted by gerp (191 posts) -

The bottom screen of my ds is starting to get some little scratches and was wondering how you guys stoped your screen from getting messed up  

#2 Posted by Skytylz (4039 posts) -

I used a screen protector for a long time, they scratch pretty fast though and have to be replaced.

#3 Posted by T0mF5 (929 posts) -

ONLY use the stylus.

#4 Posted by MrKlorox (11209 posts) -

Yeah, never use it without a screen protector. Also might wanna get one for the top screen in case somebody tries it without understanding the top screen isn't a touch screen. I've had some younger cousins ruin mine because they can't fucking pay attention.

#5 Posted by Sargus (732 posts) -

I used a screen protector when the DS first came out, but ended up having trouble with it, and haven't used them since. The bottom screen of my DS Phat does have some unfortunate scratches (but it's been years), some of which I blame on Feel the Magic and The Rub Rabbits, with maybe a little Elite Beat Agents in there... My DSi seems fine, though, and I've never used a screen protector on it.

#6 Posted by Scrawnto (2467 posts) -

Only use the stylus, keep it clean, and don't press too hard. That's really all you need to do.

#7 Posted by Bribo (605 posts) -

Scratches are like battle scars; the sign of a fearless warrior.

#8 Posted by Mcfart (1729 posts) -

Eh, I've had mine for 4 years, and I don't even care...as long as the screen isn't broken and still works, then I can live with some scratches.

#9 Posted by Hailinel (25205 posts) -

I only use the stylus that came with the DS, or a licensed replacement.  I also try not to press down to hard when frantic scribbling is required.  I played more than enough sessions of Ouendan/EBA to put my screen at risk and it held up quite remarkably.

#10 Posted by audiosnag (1582 posts) -

Screen protectors dog. They're a royal pain in the ass to put on and you wanna make sure it's real clean before you do but they're super effective.

#11 Edited by iDarktread (1189 posts) -
@Bribo said:

" Scratches are like battle scars; the sign of a fearless warrior. "  

@Scrawnto said:

" Only use the stylus, keep it clean, and don't press too hard. That's really all you need to do. "

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.