Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Nintendo DS

Platform »

The Nintendo DS is a handheld featuring two screens, one of which is a resistive touchscreen. Four different models are available: the original DS, the DS Lite, the DSi, the DSi XL.

Is a screen protector really necessary?

Paliv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Paliv

So, I just got a new DSi.  (with: New Super Mario Bros., Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story, and China Town Wars if you're wondering, possibly Chrono Trigger as well not sure yet).  But what I am wondering is if I should bother with the hassle of a screen protector?  I take great care to make sure all my electronics are maintained as well as possible, and I don't beat controllers or the like up much.  How do the screens on the DS hold up?  Just wondering what everybody's experiences have been.

Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Endogene

I never had one on my DS lite and it still looks fine, i do have a small scratch on it but when playing a game you don't even notice it and I have played "screen breacking" games like Ouendan on it. I suppose that if you would like to keep it pristine you should just put one on it, after all those things cost next to nothing and you won"t have to worry about it. I think that if i would be to buy a new touch based handheld device I would probably put one on now myself. 

The thing that you should especially look out for in other to keep the screen scratch-less are off brand styluses, make sure that they have a soft tip.

Paliv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Paliv

ah, thanks.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#4  Edited By AgentJ

I've never used one, so I'd say no.
    More importantly: Endogene is back?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.