Just managed to swindle a friend out of a DSi for £30....

#1 Posted by mercutio123 (468 posts) -

Tell me what I should buy!!!

#2 Posted by LordXavierBritish (6320 posts) -

You're not a very good friend.

#3 Edited by BonOrbitz (2160 posts) -

You should buy a 3DS and give that to your "friend".

#4 Posted by Kidavenger (3511 posts) -
#5 Posted by believer258 (11642 posts) -

Can't think of any reason I should tell you anything, except that you're an asshole.

Now, if he offered to sell it to you first for 30 (*can't find that button*), then that's A-OK. But saying you "swindled" it makes it sound like you convinced him to sell it to you for 30 of those. He's an idiot, sure, but that doesn't make it right.

*And yes, I know they're British pounds.

#6 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7051 posts) -

You sure are a terrible friend.

#7 Posted by TentPole (1858 posts) -

@LordXavierBritish said:

#8 Posted by Spoonman671 (4562 posts) -

I came here to take the internet too seriously and overreact, but it seems that everybody else did it before me.

#9 Posted by beef_melody (261 posts) -

A new friend?

#10 Posted by SSully (4125 posts) -

@MariachiMacabre said:

You sure are a terrible friend.

#11 Posted by TheKramer89 (422 posts) -

Ghost trick.

and you're a dick.

#12 Posted by Twinsun (468 posts) -

Kid Icarus. Oh wait..

#13 Posted by SuperSambo (2853 posts) -

For mates rates that seems pretty reasonable, so I am guessing that when the TC says 'swindled' it is just a way of saying that he has got it for a price that he is happy with.

#14 Posted by chrissedoff (2075 posts) -

I think our friend is using the word "swindle" jokingly here. Please calm down.

#15 Posted by Veektarius (4601 posts) -

Ghost Trick is a good choice. That and Phoenix Wright were the only games I bought for the DS that I didn't regret. (And only the first Phoenix Wright)

#16 Posted by RenMcKormack (1072 posts) -

I bought a badass cow from this sucker kid for some of my "magic beans." Also you should think about Mario Calculator

#17 Posted by Hamz (6846 posts) -

More fool your friend for not double checking what the going rate on a second hand DSi is.

As for game suggestions I'd say head on over to the DSi page and check out what games are available on the platform that peak your interest. You know the whole benefit of having a video game wiki database is that you can totally search for games based on platform and read up on them to see what they're all about ;)

#18 Edited by wolf_blitzer85 (5250 posts) -

Download Cave Story on that thing.

#19 Posted by egg (1450 posts) -

'swindle' and 'friend' in the same sentence?

#20 Posted by S0ndor (2715 posts) -

Man, the people in this thread are being self-righteous dicks. I'd personally recommend Super Mario 64 DS. An excellent remake that managed to improve upon a classic game, and add in a sizeable amount of fresh content as well.

#21 Edited by egg (1450 posts) -

@S0ndor said:

Man, the people in this thread are being self-righteous dicks. I'd personally recommend Super Mario 64 DS. An excellent remake that managed to improve upon a classic game, and add in a sizeable amount of fresh content as well.

SM64DS is in no way an improvement, all the asinine changes screwed it up. I thought it was great other than that and would most likely be ranking it on my unikgamer top lists if it were a straight port like it should have been.

#22 Posted by jjnen (660 posts) -
@Spoonman671
I came here to take the internet too seriously and overreact, but it seems that everybody else did it before me.
Nice, I chuckled. You should probably go and post that to every thread here. It might cool off the internet hyperbole a bit.
#23 Posted by S0ndor (2715 posts) -

@egg: Opinions, whaddayagonnado, right?

#24 Posted by egg (1450 posts) -

I wonder if Ocarina of Time 3DS has 3 playable characters besides Link, and if there are powerups that let you each of them become identical to each other.

That would make it a classic.

#25 Posted by MrKlorox (11206 posts) -

I believe the children are the future.

#26 Posted by Tim_the_Corsair (3065 posts) -

Lock's Quest is fucking awesome!

#27 Posted by Redbullet685 (6025 posts) -

@LordXavierBritish said:

This, and since you probably won't be a good friend and undo the swindling, get Picross 3D.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.