need some advice on getting a new DS

#1 Posted by frshakiff (9 posts) -

I love the GBA, it's probably my favorite platform, so over the years ive accumlated quite a few awesome games for the system. My problem is is that my DS lite is starting to breakdown. the hinges getting looser, the D pad is coming loose as well. I guess it's just past its prime, so at this point I think I should just get a DSI, but there's no GBA port, which puts me in a perdicament. My actual GBA is long gone (gave to my younger sistter when the DS came out) and if I upgrade I'll have no way to play some of my favorite games.  

what does anyone think? should I get the DSI and buy a GBA SP or micro as well? buy another DS lite?
#2 Posted by shadows_kill (3165 posts) -

buy a old gba if its needed. keep your ds lite and enjoy it. save your money for a 3DS next year instead of putting down your $ on a dsi.

#3 Posted by OllyOxenFree (4973 posts) -

Buy another DS Lite for cheap.  Buy 3DS later.

#4 Posted by BunkerBuster (1042 posts) -

When the 3DS comes out the DS Lite is going to be discounted like crazy. Wait for that and then buy the extra DS for backwards compatability.

#5 Posted by frshakiff (9 posts) -

ya good point everybody, thanks. This is exactly what I'll do.

#6 Posted by Malakhii (1443 posts) -

Another satisfied customer  :)
(even though I did nothing to help)

#7 Posted by x_XJules (303 posts) -

Lol, I'm glad that was resolved. Also, @frshakiff: 's avatar is adorable.

#8 Posted by JJWeatherman (14558 posts) -
@OllyOxenFree said:
" Buy another DS Lite for cheap.  Buy 3DS later. "
Upside down Brad is wise.
#9 Posted by fbasque78 (17 posts) -
@BunkerBuster said:
" When the 3DS comes out the DS Lite is going to be discounted like crazy. Wait for that and then buy the extra DS for backwards compatability. "
I'd do the exact same thing.
#10 Posted by RetroMetal (195 posts) -

I'd wait for the 3DS if you can.

The DSi XL looks cool though.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.