Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Nintendo DS

Platform »

The Nintendo DS is a handheld featuring two screens, one of which is a resistive touchscreen. Four different models are available: the original DS, the DS Lite, the DSi, the DSi XL.

Nintendo 3DS rant...

• 59 results
    Avatar image for deactivated-590b7522e5236
    deactivated-590b7522e5236

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Then im ok with this, its time i got a new ds. 

teptom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#52  Edited By teptom

I don't know. This makes me want to buy a XL even more, but it's more that I keep on realizing I only have a fat DS. I've needed to upgrade for the the past two years. It's pretty beat up.

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#53  Edited By TheHBK

Why the fuck are people bitching about this announcement?  What would it make you feel better if they announced it at E3, two months after the XL comes out, just like everyone expected?  Be grateful they gave this heads up.  Its a dumb business move but as for us, it is a good thing.  So you can make an informed choice.  Because, are you telling me, that your candyass actually didn't think a new DS in 2011 or even as early as 2010, was a possibility?  Fucking rookie.

SkyMasterson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#54  Edited By SkyMasterson
    @Yukoei said:
    "What to do now guys? wait another year? >_< "

Well I'm assuming you don't have a DSlite? If you don't I say jump on that as it will hold its value well into the DS3D's lifepsan as the DSlite is the last iteration of the DS to have GBA backwards compatability. Granted DSlite's aren't rare :() but still. Notto mention it's the smallest and most portable of any of the DS's.  

Also stores usually offer deals with a free ds game with the purchase of DS system. Out of curiousity, what games are you looking forward to play on the DS?
    President_Evil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#55  Edited By President_Evil

You know in ten years the XL is going to be one of those semi-obscure handheld oddities everyone's always forgetting about, like the Gameboy Light or GBA Micro.  In other words it might be one of those situations where it's cool to have one "just to have one."

Still, $190 + tax is a hefty bit of dough, so your trepidation is certainly not without merit.  I would suggest if you're thinking about getting one, maybe take up Gamestop on their DS-Lite trade-in offer and get it for $130.  If you still want to play GBA games, get an SP or Gameboy Player (GS is liquidating their stock of them for $10).

...Or just wait till E3 and see what this crazy 3DS thing is all about, lol.

raphaa00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#56  Edited By raphaa00
    @XenoNick said:
    " I am in the same situation really i was considering going out today and getting a DS but i wasnt sure wether to get a DS lite, DSI or the XL one....and now i have to consider that a new DS is on the way >_< "
    Considering the situation, it's worth getting a DS Lite because of the GBA backward-compatibility.
    Yukoei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#57  Edited By Yukoei
    @Fragstoff said:
    " @Yukoei:  why would you be upgrading to the XL, if you have a DSi/lite already waste of  money "
    Because I don't.
    Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#58  Edited By Meowayne

Ha, I was seriously considering upgrading from my DSLite to a DSi the other day. Good thing I didn't and got a PSP instead.

rottendevice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#59  Edited By rottendevice

I just bought a DSi about a week ago, and now I'm feeling like a sucker after this announcement. 

Nintendo needs to slow down with this iterative approach to handhelds.  Seriously, do you think if they made an new model Wii as frequently as they made a new model DS, it would have still been as hugely successful a platform?  I think is would have confused consumes and fragmented the market.  Unless this new DS is really something earth shattering, Nintendo is going to keep digging it's own grave while Apple / Sony completely take over their market share.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#60  Edited By LordAndrew
    @Yukoei said:
    " @Fragstoff said:
    " @Yukoei:  why would you be upgrading to the XL, if you have a DSi/lite already waste of  money "
    Because I don't. "
    Then buy a DS and enjoy DS games. Why wait? Wanna know when I got my PlayStation 2? Shortly after the launch of the PlayStation 3. And wanna know when everyone who bought a Game Boy Micro bought that device? After the launch of the DS. If you want it get it. Don't worry about what's coming in the future. Buy the thing you want now so you can play it now.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.