Nintendo Announces Orange And Green Nintendo DSi Bundles

Posted by BradNicholson (812 posts) -

Orange and Green. These are the two new colors Nintendo is slapping onto a fresh run of Nintendo DSi systems, which are set to debut this Black Friday, the hardware publisher announced earlier this week. Keeping with the spirit of the weird deal-laden holiday, each of these systems will be offered in a special bundle with Mario Party DS for the same price of a standalone system: $149.99. 

In green. 

And in orange. 

As Nintendo points out, these are just a few of the crazy color offerings from Nintendo this season. A red Nintendo DSi XL bundle is currently in the wild, offering copies of Mario Kart DS and various bits of preloaded software. And there's that snazzy red Wii bundle out there, too, which comes with Super Mario Bros. Wii and Wii Sports.  

Like the red Wii and even the red Nintendo DSi XL bundle, the orange and green Nintendo DSi variants are only available while supplies last. If you're one of the eight people without a DSi at this point, you might want to consider braving the crowds to grab one of these. 
#1 Posted by BradNicholson (812 posts) -

Orange and Green. These are the two new colors Nintendo is slapping onto a fresh run of Nintendo DSi systems, which are set to debut this Black Friday, the hardware publisher announced earlier this week. Keeping with the spirit of the weird deal-laden holiday, each of these systems will be offered in a special bundle with Mario Party DS for the same price of a standalone system: $149.99. 

In green. 

And in orange. 

As Nintendo points out, these are just a few of the crazy color offerings from Nintendo this season. A red Nintendo DSi XL bundle is currently in the wild, offering copies of Mario Kart DS and various bits of preloaded software. And there's that snazzy red Wii bundle out there, too, which comes with Super Mario Bros. Wii and Wii Sports.  

Like the red Wii and even the red Nintendo DSi XL bundle, the orange and green Nintendo DSi variants are only available while supplies last. If you're one of the eight people without a DSi at this point, you might want to consider braving the crowds to grab one of these. 
#2 Edited by AverageGreg (121 posts) -

wow 

Edit: At last! 

#3 Posted by thealexray (66 posts) -

Jah provides

#4 Posted by JustinSane311 (335 posts) -

I think Nintendo needs to stop re-releasing the same console

#5 Posted by Catolf (2653 posts) -

Well I've been needing a new DS I might jump on this.

#6 Posted by None_Braver (96 posts) -

Meh, let me know when they have purple ones.

#7 Posted by Mrskidders (1330 posts) -

Bit late in the game for new colours.  I want to be playing on a 3DS by March.

#8 Posted by DrewHughes (57 posts) -

Go Canes...?
#9 Posted by RecSpec (3926 posts) -

This would be totally awesome if the 3DS wasn't right around the corner.

#10 Posted by CDUB901 (200 posts) -
@JustinSane311: people keep buying it...so why not?
#11 Posted by Hobbaswaggle (64 posts) -

Now I'll finally buy a DSI! 
wait....no I already have one and if I didnt by now these hideous colors arent going to sell me. 
Didnt we end this multi-colored console nonsense with the N64? Whats next, smoke purple?

#12 Posted by tracerace11 (289 posts) -
@RecSpec said:
" This would be totally awesome if the 3DS wasn't right around the corner. "
#13 Posted by RazielCuts (2986 posts) -

"Hey, buy our product we have to get rid of before our new shit comes out" 

#14 Posted by Vaancor (247 posts) -
@tracerace11
@RecSpec said:
#15 Edited by MrKlorox (11209 posts) -

Fucking nice! I've been demanding a green NDS for years. But fuck me because I'm holding out for a 3DS by now.

Somebody should buy one for Jeff, then swap it with the orange one and see if he notices.

#16 Posted by AuthenticM (3802 posts) -

yuck

#17 Posted by JackSukeru (5963 posts) -

Reminds me that maybe I should hold of buying a 3DS until some more colors come out. What's the default color on that anyway.

#18 Posted by Mr_Skeleton (5154 posts) -

Finally I have a reason to buy a DSi.

#19 Posted by Daniel_Newton (1166 posts) -

I'm still perfectly content with my crimson/black DS lite until the 3DS comes out, but I like how Nintendo always release their handhelds in every colour in the rainbow, choice is good.

#20 Posted by JeffGoldblum (3715 posts) -
@Vaancor said:
" @tracerace11
@RecSpec said:
"
#21 Posted by fox01313 (5089 posts) -

Seems like they should just do two different moments (at launch & maybe a few years later) with a ton of color options on each session instead of here's a color or two at start, few months later here's another color, etc. Nothing is really changing much between the DSi versions aside from the plastic shell & after making a huge amount of money on the Wii, you'd think that Nintendo could at least not try to put out these new console color announcements every couple months.   
Just glad that I have a 360 where if I want to change the faceplate I can or just be more happy with the games put out on the system over what color the console plastic shell is.

#22 Posted by MadExponent (305 posts) -

I had the original DS at launch. Was not impressed.

#23 Posted by icytower38 (464 posts) -

Orange would be right up my alley if I didn't already have a working original Red DS from launch.

#24 Posted by detectivepbert (262 posts) -

the green one is cool but the orange one is pretty fugly.  its still worse then the PSP but better then the Wii.

#25 Posted by Beefcake101 (4 posts) -

Bout time they came out with these colors. My wait is over. What happened? Everyone hate the brown one so much they decided to break it into green and orange. Whoopedy-Doo.

#26 Posted by Branthog (5596 posts) -

My first thought was "orange and green -- what the fuck?!". Followed immediately by "actually, the orange one would be kind of cool . . .". 

Of course, I have owned and given away five DS/DSLite/DSis over the years and I have yet to play more than about five hours on a DS in total over that whole time. So . . . maybe I won't buy it after all (even though I totally want to).

#27 Posted by SumDeus (1857 posts) -

I want me a fuckin' green 3DS...

#28 Posted by ExplodingTuba (93 posts) -

Seems so unimportant considering the 3DS is only a few months away. 

#29 Posted by jonnyboy (2920 posts) -

Nintendo doing what they do best.

#30 Posted by AjayRaz (12475 posts) -

Mario Party DS is an odd title to bundle with. huh 

#31 Posted by AURON570 (1677 posts) -

orrraaanngggeee ^-^

#32 Posted by MormonWarrior (2661 posts) -

Pass.

#33 Posted by tobygw (580 posts) -

Too soon to my beloved 3DS. It may be green, but it lacks that 3rd dimension of fun.

#34 Posted by DragonBloodthirsty (470 posts) -

I'm surprised I can see how this is actually not a bad move.  I see this and I consider getting a DS again.  I probably won't (too much else to get), but it puts it in my mind.  It's less of an engineering improvement than a marketing device, but selling games is important too.

#35 Posted by Deathdealer108 (294 posts) -

The orange one is cool, but I'll still stick with my DS lite.
#36 Posted by Fontan (318 posts) -

I'm one of them eight people.

#37 Posted by grgg (5 posts) -

These are super cute!

#38 Posted by Piranesi (452 posts) -

You know when N is trying to get rid of stock when the new colours come out (Mr Wii I'm looking at you). 

My pink DS is perfectly fine (as well as my silver fat DS, purple Advance, lime green Colour Gameboy and original beige classic).
#39 Posted by Mevvem (21 posts) -

I do like these colors actually. But wierd that they didn't release a blue bundle aswell

#40 Posted by Kjellm87 (1722 posts) -

NIce colors, but nothing can beat a black DS

#41 Posted by chickengeorgewashington (144 posts) -

Now that there are orange, green, and yellow DSes, all three of the primary citrus fruits have been covered.

#42 Posted by Milpool (507 posts) -

Cool I guess? 

Colours are great, releasing new colours of your system this late in it's production is kind of off putting to me.  But obviously it makes sense for business. 

Also, not a fan of the colour choices.

#43 Posted by bigtye52@yahoo.com (4 posts) -

I really want the green DSi, I have always wanted a green DS.

#44 Posted by Frank_Mann (54 posts) -

Orange...not bad. A little "much" though. Different than my white I suppose.

#45 Posted by onemoresolo (27 posts) -

when can i purchase one in transparent plastic?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.