Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Nintendo DS

Platform »

The Nintendo DS is a handheld featuring two screens, one of which is a resistive touchscreen. Four different models are available: the original DS, the DS Lite, the DSi, the DSi XL.

Nintendo Looking Into Band Bros Localization

ArcBorealis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ArcBorealis

Incase some dont know, Daigasso Band Bros is a DS music/rhythm game in Japan, that had been popular for quite a while, before dropping off the charts in sales. Not only could you play different songs, but it allowed you to create your own songs (or remixes) and user content that you could share with friends, along with being able to download liscensed songs. Mostly being J-pop, thanks to parnering with a music organization in Japan, JASRAC.

Well, as it turns out, we may see this game going worldwide. Well, not the exact game though.

http://www.gamecyte.com/iwata-says-overseas-band-brothers-dx-possibility-exists

So as you can see, liscensing is a bit of an issue, but the fact that they want to try and bring it to other countries sounds good. My only concern is the songs that will be chosen. No, I'm pretty sure we aren't gonna get public domain stuff like Wii Music. Moreso liscensed songs from other artists. That concerns me because I cannot stand most music these days. There are some exceptions, but I cant seem to get into most modern music in the US. I either listen to classic stuff (luckily theres a radio station where I live that does that), or I get J-pop to listen to.

But that's just me. I'm sure there are some people that may like todays music, but that's just my only concern for when they bring this game to other countries.

Thoughts?

thedeusmachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By thedeusmachine

I was waiting for this game since the DS launched.  I saw videos of 8 people linking their DSes and just having these sweet jams.  I'm a little pissed it's only finally coming, I guess I was naive to think that I could expect it a few months after it showed up in Japan.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#3  Edited By AgentJ

It'd be nice if we finally got it, but jesus Nintendo has dropped the ball on a number of games. We didn't get Sin and Punishment until the virtual console! We still dont have Jam with the Band OR Soma Bringer. I really, really want Soma Bringer. I'd buy either of those on day one if Nintendo would bother themselves to release them here.(I also need Windy X Windam)

Edit: I also need Sigma Harmonics

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.